Enotta

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Enotta

Postby lynnef » 19 Mar 2009, 19:11

Could someone tell me the English translation of this word? Is it used as a first name? Last name? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)
lynnef
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Enotta

Postby liviomoreno » 19 Mar 2009, 19:28

lynnef wrote:Could someone tell me the English translation of this word? Is it used as a first name? Last name? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Where did you find it? To my knowledge it is not an Italian word, and it is not a name nor a surname. :roll:
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby lynnef » 19 Mar 2009, 19:42

Hi Livio. I was in phone contact this morning with someone from a church in Syracuse, New York who is trying to locate some possible church records (marriage, baptismal, funeral, burial, etc.) on my MGGF and MGGM, as well as their children - my maternal great aunts and great uncles. She saw the name Maria - who was my MGGM's first name - and the word Egnetto was also on this document (possibly the baptismal record of my MGM) next to her first name. She is still looking through records (marriage and baptismal), so I have nothing in my hands at this time.
lynnef
Veteran
Veteran

Postby BillieDeKid » 19 Mar 2009, 19:49

I'll take a guess Livio, that the word should probably be ignato or ignati. What do you think?
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 19 Mar 2009, 19:52

In the subject of the topic you mention Enotta, in the last msg you say Egnetto... If you provide a scan of the document there will be a better chance to help you
BTW even Egnetto is not an Italian word nor a name.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 19 Mar 2009, 19:53

BillieDeKid wrote:I'll take a guess Livio, that the word should probably be ignato or ignati. What do you think?

Yes it could be ignoto or ignota, but I need to see the full sentence...
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby lynnef » 19 Mar 2009, 20:06

liviomoreno wrote:In the subject of the topic you mention Enotta, in the last msg you say Egnetto... If you provide a scan of the document there will be a better chance to help you
BTW even Egnetto is not an Italian word nor a name.

Sorry, my spelling error...I meant Enotta. :lol: When I receive a copy of the document, I'll scan it for you. :)
lynnef
Veteran
Veteran

Postby lynnef » 19 Mar 2009, 20:08

BillieDeKid wrote:I'll take a guess Livio, that the word should probably be ignato or ignati. What do you think?

Thanks for your help, Elizabeth. :)
lynnef
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PeterTimber » 19 Mar 2009, 20:32

The italian word Enotera means evening primrose. As to whether you can gramatically use Enotta in relation to enotera as a single flower is open to question. =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations