How do I display a record here

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
9 posts • Page 1 of 1

How do I display a record here

Postby Karenmurphy » 07 Apr 2009, 01:06

Hi, my name is Karen. I have some Italian records that are very difficult to read. What is the best way to show one here for you to see ? Should I copy/ paste? Do an attachment? or use some kind of link (like from Photobucket) or something? Thank You! :roll:
Karenmurphy

Re: How do I display a record here

Postby liviomoreno » 07 Apr 2009, 05:34

Upload to Photobucket or imagashak. Ensure that the pics are as larg as possible, with high resolution.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby Karenmurphy » 08 Apr 2009, 04:02

liviomoreno wrote:Upload to Photobucket or imagashak. Ensure that the pics are as larg as possible, with high resolution.

Thank you, Livio, for responding to my e-mail! I'm not very computer savvy and I don't understand Italian either so I'm not feeling too bright right now. I joined Photobucket and uploaded some records with hopes of being able to link them to here. But when I sent the link to myself, I couldn't figure out how to enlarge the pictures enough to be able to read. Then I tried to attach the files to this message instead. (didn't work. "file to large") I just figured out pasting the IMG link works! I probably should have put this in the general forum, hey? Sorry.

Grazie, again.
Karen
Karenmurphy

Postby PeteT » 10 Apr 2009, 20:39

The site does not allow huge files to be posted to it. Go to www.imageshack.us and upload your file to it. Imageshack will give you a URL (web link) to post here. Those reading your posts will click on the link and be able to view the image.

For example:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/42/fog ... re001n.jpg
PeteT

Postby vj » 10 Apr 2009, 20:48

Karenmurphy wrote:
liviomoreno wrote:Upload to Photobucket or imagashak. Ensure that the pics are as larg as possible, with high resolution.

Thank you, Livio, for responding to my e-mail! I'm not very computer savvy and I don't understand Italian either so I'm not feeling too bright right now. I joined Photobucket and uploaded some records with hopes of being able to link them to here. But when I sent the link to myself, I couldn't figure out how to enlarge the pictures enough to be able to read. Then I tried to attach the files to this message instead. (didn't work. "file to large") I just figured out pasting the IMG link works! I probably should have put this in the general forum, hey? Sorry.

Grazie, again.
Karen

Hi Karen!

I use photobucket and imageshack

For photobucket
- click on the image you downloaded
- copy the 'direct link' address
- paste the address on your post

If the image isn't large enough we should be able to noodle out how to fix it

Valarie
vj
Master
Master

Postby Karenmurphy » 11 Apr 2009, 17:40

Thank you Pete and VJ for replying.
VJ, since you use both photobucket and imageshack, do you find one easier to use than the other?
Also wonder when I pasted a picture into a post, does that take up a lot of room, too? Next time I'll try the direct-link as suggested.
Grazie!
Karen
Karenmurphy

Postby vj » 11 Apr 2009, 17:58

Karenmurphy wrote:VJ, since you use both photobucket and imageshack, do you find one easier to use than the other?

Hi Karen :D !
I think photobucket is easier to use, but I believe links to imageshack images last longer. I use imageshack.
Valarie
vj
Master
Master

Postby Karenmurphy » 17 Apr 2009, 00:10

Thanks, Valerie.
Karen
Karenmurphy

Postby mojo5851 » 06 Nov 2009, 03:51

Hi Karen:
I believe your grandfather, Paul, is the brother of my husband's grandfather, Salvatore. I've been doing a little research of my own but just starting. It would be great to share some notes.
mojo5851

9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations