pls help translate one paragraph into English

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
LKate
Rookie
Rookie

pls help translate one paragraph into English

Post by LKate »

Hello,

It seems that my letters to Italy have created somewhat of a sensation! I've made it into the local newspaper. I don't understand Italian, but I've been able to figure out the gist of most of it using an on-line translator. However, I'd like to have a solid translation of the last paragraph - would someone please do the translation of the last paragraph for me? The paragraph starts, "Non e stato poi cosi difficile". Thanks!

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x172 ... 162009.jpg

Laura
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: pls help translate one paragraph into English

Post by wldspirit »

WOW......that is so wonderful..... :lol:

How did you come by the article??

Can't wait for one of our translators to give everyone the general gist of the article....I understood some, but it is always so much clearer when our translation team provides more detail!!

Excited for you!!

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Great article!
I'm working on it. I will post the translation in he next few hours.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Laura's appeal from the USA: "I'm looking for relatives". And she finds them
Happy ending story of an American lady that wrote to the candelesi in order to get in touch with her root family. Decisive contribute of Pieraldo Falla

Pierina Falla was her great-grandmother, born in Candelo in 1894. Pierina emigrated in USA in 1914 with her husband Guido Comella, also born in Candelo.
Today, almost after one century, her great-granddaughter Laura Fischetti, born in Georgia but with a very Italian name, is digging in the past of her root family.
She wrote a letter to almost all the inhabitants of Candelo with the hope to find some still alive relative: "Hi, my name is Laura Fischetti and I live in Locust Grove, Georgia, United States". The family tree follows: from the progenitress Delfina Falla, to the daughter Pierina with the sister Delfina. Pierina marries Guido Comella, son of Giuseppe, and together they leave for the New Jersey.
The nostalgic but very practical America writes: "If you believe we are somehow related please answer to this letter. Attached to this letter you will find a self addressed envelope and an International return postage coupon that you may use for your answer." Laura's letter arrived, a few days ago, to all the Fallas in Candelo's directory. The most curious was Pier Aldo Falla, provincial councilor and artist soul (he is the director of the San Giacomo's band in Candelo), who solved the problem in few days: Laura Fischetti is connected [the term used here is pronipote, but it does not make sense, maybe there are some words missing in the article] to Maria Rosa and Elena Milan who live in the San Giacomo hamlet.
"It was not so difficult", smiles Falla, "I asked myself if I could be related to Laura. After all I would have loved to meet a person so fond of her roots. I therefore made a research at the Ufficio Anagrafe. I found out that we are no way related but that Laura has some relatives still living in Candelo: Maria Rosa and Elena". The two Milan sisters are astonished about the outcry caused by the story: Elena announces that she already answered to Laura and she is happy and curious, Maria Rosa is more cautious and doesn't make any comment. And what about the mayor Bellino? Very open, as usual, he does not exclude that he might invite the American from Candelo to pay a visit in her ancestors' town.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

This is such a great story!! Just think.....one day, your future generations will look back at this, not only here but in Italy!!!!

Thank you so much Livio, it was a pleasure to read this article, I enjoyed it very much!!

And I am going to continue to encourage posters to write potential relatives,
dreams do come true!!

wldspirit :D

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

wldspirit wrote:
And I am going to continue to encourage posters to write potential relatives,
dreams do come true!!

wldspirit :D
Laura was very lucky, she found many relatives! See the following links:
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... html#89767
and
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... html#89853
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

Laura,
I answered to your first post where you were asking about Candelo. I'm really happy to see you found your relatives. As you know I'm from that area and I go often to my mother's who lives there. In case you decide to visit the place/relatives and need some help let me know. If I'm around I'll be glad to help you.

Ada
LKate
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LKate »

First of all, a huge thank you to all of you. Livio, you've helped me draft the letter to the relatives, and I wouldn't now have all this information without your help. I didn't expect you to translate this whole article, but I'm certainly glad that you did! I appreciate it very much. Wldspirit, you share my excitement and enthusiasm! I can't stop smiling since I received the correspondence. Ada, I do remember you. I went to the Mormon Center and was quite overwhelmed by all the information, and that is when I decided to write to 12 Falla families and see where that would get me. I hope to make a trip in September, and I will keep you in mind. Thank you for your offer to help. I assume that you speak Italian, and that specific dialect?

There is a little more to the story. Yesterday I received a package in the mail, and it included a bunch of color brochures on the Candelo area, this newspaper article, and copies of extractions of marriage and birth and death records of various relatives! I can hardly believe my luck and the generosity of these wonderful people. A letter was included - I don't think this mysterious man who wrote it is a relative - and I will post that tonight for translation help. If you think I'm excited by all of this, you should hear the joy in my 92-year-old grandmother's voice! She remembers mailing packages to Maria Rosa many years ago. Stay tuned, I'll post that letter tonight. What a fun and interesting experience this is. I hope it provides inspiration to others seeking information about their roots.

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

This is a fantastic story Laura... :D
I can "feel" the joy in your words, and I'm touched about your grandmother's happiness. Congratulations and my best whishes for your next trip to Italy, you'll see that it's a wonderful Country and people are special... :D

Laura
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

LKate wrote:. Ada, I do remember you. I went to the Mormon Center and was quite overwhelmed by all the information, and that is when I decided to write to 12 Falla families and see where that would get me. I hope to make a trip in September, and I will keep you in mind. Thank you for your offer to help. I assume that you speak Italian, and that specific dialect?

Laura
Laura,
I do speak Italian as I live in Italy and I'm Italian. My mother and I use dialect for our conversation. Anyway, the knowledge of dialect would not be a problem as everybody there speaks Italian as well.
The town of Candelo has a very interesting medieval defensive structure surrounded by fortified walls and towers called "Ricetto". This is probably what the brochures are about. Also the rest of the area is nice and interesting to see. You will like it.
I can imagine the joy and enthusiasm in your grandmother and you. I'm sure you didn't expect all this when you started seeking information.

I'll send you a PM with my e-mail.

Ada