pls translate Candelo correspondence

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

pls translate Candelo correspondence

Postby LKate » 17 Apr 2009, 23:03

Okay, here it is, the letter from the kind man who included copies of registry extractions. I purposely deleted his address. Am I reading this correctly, that a friend of his daughter obtained the copies?

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x172 ... 620092.jpg

Thank you for your help.
Laura
LKate
Rookie
Rookie

Re: pls translate Candelo correspondence

Postby Sirena » 18 Apr 2009, 00:24

Laura,
You are so lucky!! What a wonderful man..........

Dear Laura.

Pardon me if I use the tu (familiar) form but I'm sure that you are young while I am elderly and several times a grandfather.
I came in possession of your letter of March 25th which you sent to Mrs. Rosina Falla. this lady is very elderly (I think she is almost 90). She is not in condition to take care of your research and so one of her sons-in-law searched among his friends, one of whom is my daughter, someone in Candelo who could furnish you with the information of your distant relatives.
I found in the archives at the Town Offices of Candelo some interesting documents (birth certificates, marriage certificates of your great-grandparents and other documents that you can have translated which relate to other descendents.
I can tell you that the other Signori Falla of Candelo are able to furnish you with further, more precise information of your relatives.
I noticed that you, even though you live far away, are interested in the origins of your relatives and I thought to do something pleasant for you - to send you illustrated material that would be useful to you to acquaint yourself a little with the places your great-grandparents came from; that is to say Candelo and its surroundings.
For me, born and being a resident of Candelo, it would be a great pleasure to be able to give you this information and my wish that you would be quite happy.
If you need more information, I am glad to be able to help you in your research and therefore, do not hesitate to contact me. It would be useful to know your email address to send very quickly more material that I may be able to still find.
Cordial greetings,
Renzo Maroino
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Postby LKate » 18 Apr 2009, 03:10

Indeed, I agree, I am very lucky. This is one of the few projects in my life where many things have fallen into place quite easily. I am amazed.

My family and I are grateful for your time and translation skills. Thank you.

Laura
LKate
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Sirena » 18 Apr 2009, 21:35

You're very welcome, Laura. I'm happy that you made such a great connection with such kind people.
Sirena
Elite
Elite

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations