help with handwriting on death certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
tammara

help with handwriting on death certificate

Post by tammara »

I could use some help in a couple places on my great-great-great-great grandmother's death certificate.

I realized when I was going through her record that she was not born in Quadrelle, to me it looks like it says Sivignano, which would be very far away. Is this correct?

And secondly, could you help me on her deceased mother's name? Is it Merisa di Barde?

Researching my family from Quadrelle in Avellino
Petraglia * Guliano * Conte * Masuccio * Fiordellisi * di Lucia * Bianco
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: help with handwriting on death certificate

Post by liviomoreno »

I would say that Marianna di Lucia was born in Sirignano which is very close to Quadrelle.
Her mother name was Meriva di Barile.
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

It's not easy to give you an unequivocal replay. It seems, actually, Sivignano but it's strange that the registrar didn't report the province (being this place so distant from Quadrelle). It could be Sicignano too (Sicignano degli Alburni, province of Salerno), not so close to Nola, but in the same region. :roll:
For the second question it's, for me, even more dubious. It could be a surname (Merita Di Barile or Merita Di Barde) or it could indicate a provenance (Barile in Potenza province, for example).
Sorry, but i can't be helpul to you.

Luca
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

liviomoreno wrote:I would say that Marianna di Lucia was born in Sirignano which is very close to Quadrelle.
Well done! I think you are correct.

Her mother name was Meriva di Barile.
I guess Merita.
Luca
tammara

Post by tammara »

Thank you both! Now that I look at the handwriting and compare other known letters on the page I can see it is Sirignano. And her mom's name is Merita di Barile.

Thanks!!!!

Tammara
Researching my family from Quadrelle in Avellino
Petraglia * Guliano * Conte * Masuccio * Fiordellisi * di Lucia * Bianco