wanted to say thank you for those doing letter translations

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
1 post • Page 1 of 1

wanted to say thank you for those doing letter translations

Postby vintagegamer » 19 May 2009, 19:40

All,

I have been trying my entire life to get more interaction with the Italian language, and I just wanted to say thanks for posting these letters in English and then in Italian. They work as excellent sample letters for folks like me.

My grandparents came over from Italy, and taught my Uncle who was born here both Italian and English from birth. He had a tough time separating them in his mind and was made fun of very badly in school. As a result, my grandparents did not teach his brother or my mother any Italian when they were born.

I have spent all of my life trying to learn and master the language, and even got my Bachelors Degree in French to help with my learning of languages. As I now have time to review these letters, it is really bringing everything together.

I just wanted to make sure that you all knew how helpful this was, for more reasons than just for the translation of the letters for those requesting them. Please keep them coming!

Jim
vintagegamer
Veteran
Veteran

1 post • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations