1889 Birth Record Translation requested

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JohnH

1889 Birth Record Translation requested

Post by JohnH »

Hello,
I have a birth record for my great grandfather, Domenico Mandica (later changed to Dominick Mandico when he came to the US), but not being able to read Italian, I can make out some of it, but I need some help with the rest.

It is from San Lorenzo, in Calabria. Any help with the translation would be greatly appreciated. I am attaching a copy of the record.

Thank you!
John
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Re: 1889 Birth Record Translation requested

Post by uantiti »

Record date is July 21, 1889.
Parents: Antonino Mandica 50 years old, countryman (peasant) and Lucia Crea, weaver. The baby was born at 8.20 pm on July 20. The baby was a male and was called Domenico.

At the bottom right you can see the name of a witness that looks Antonino Crea of the late....I believe he's a relative (may be a brother) to Lucia.

Ada
JohnH

Re: 1889 Birth Record Translation requested

Post by JohnH »

Ada,
Thank you very much for your help! I'm new to Italian genealogy, and I really appreciate your help with this. There is some information in this record that I didn't know before.

Thanks!