Help with Marriage Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Help with Marriage Record

Postby rdel4577 » 27 Jun 2009, 22:41

This is a church record for the marriage between Liborio Scotto and Mariangela Buonomano. I can read most of it but am having trouble with the names of the parents and what comes after each. Do they list Grandparents? It looks like there is the name Giovanni after Francesco, the father of Liborio, Crescenzo after Mariangela. Would really appreciate some help with that whole section of the record..

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2763/m09 ... nomano.jpg

Thank you
rdel4577
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Help with Marriage Record

Postby JohnArmellino » 28 Jun 2009, 03:58

Liborio was the son of Francesco and Carmosina Parascandola. Francesco was the son of the late Giovanni (hence Giovanni was Liborio's grandfather). Carmosina's father is also named, but I don't recognize the actual name. It appears to be Paiese? That can't be right, can it? Mariangela Buonomano was the widow of Crescenzo Schiano (spelling?), the son of Cola.
John Armellino
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Postby rdel4577 » 29 Jun 2009, 17:59

Thank you. That helps. I think the name is Priese and I found it on another document.
Cola has me stumped, however.

Bob
rdel4577
Rookie
Rookie

Postby JohnArmellino » 29 Jun 2009, 18:13

Generally, Cola is a diminutive for Nicola. However, I have seen it as given name.
John Armellino
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations