Newbie - Help translating death docutment

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Newbie - Help translating death docutment

Postby msecc » 16 Jul 2009, 21:19

I'm new to this... It's all in old italian handwriting.
Any help would be great.
Many Thanks,
Mike Secchiaroli

http://picasaweb.google.com/msecchiarol ... 4688235874
msecc
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Newbie - Help translating death docutment

Postby uantiti » 17 Jul 2009, 08:04

Hi,
The Act is 91 for Secchiaroli Giuseppe dated June 3, 1874. It was difficult to read the date but I think I got it correct

The declarant is Secchiaroli Gaetano, 36 years old, peasant, son to unknown parents. The witness with him is a gravedigger.
On June 2 at 11.00 a.m. in said town and in the house located in Olmigrandi quarter, number 29, in San Bartolo hamlet of Monterado, Giuseppe Secchiaroli, boy, 12 years old, died. He was born and lived in this town, son to Secchiaroli Gaetano and Secchiaroli Annunziata, both peasants, living in this town. The declarant signed with a cross as he couldn't read or write.

Hope this helps.

Ada

P.S.: The town of Monterado is in the province of Ancona, Marche region, which I suppose you know. In San Bartolo (hamlet of Monterado) there still exists a street called Olmigrandi although its extension and numbers might have changed in the years.
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Postby msecc » 17 Jul 2009, 13:44

Ada,
Thank you!
I'm amazed you could read it and get some info from it...

Most of my Secchiaroli family was born in Monte Porzio and then moved to Corinaldo around 1900.

Can I assume that this family died in Corinaldo (that is where this record came from)? Or do you think he may of died in San Bartolo and they registered his death in Corinaldo (7km away)?

I would think San Bartolo or Monterado would have thier own registry...

Like I said, I'm new to this...

If you ever need any legwork done in Connecticut, USA, please let me know, I'd love to make this up to you...

Regards,
Mike

PS. Did you view the picture in the Picassa Web Album, or did you download it and view it in another photo viewer?
msecc
Rookie
Rookie

Postby uantiti » 20 Jul 2009, 15:01

Hi Mike,
You are welcome.
Yes, you are right, this death act was issued in Corinaldo. It's written on the third line though not very clear. What I don't understand is why they mention San Bartolo (which is a hamlet of Monterado).
Seen that the house was located in an area called Olmigrandi and that the road connecting San Bartolo to Corinaldo is called Olmigrandi too, I would assume that the house was just on the border between the two towns and depending from Corinaldo. I cannot think of any other explanation.

The picture was easy to view, I just cliked on your link then enlarged it and read it. A bit hard but I've seen worse ones. In case you need any other help tell me.

I cannot think of any legwork done in Connecticut at the moment but thank you for your offer, you are very kind. :D

Regards,

Ada
uantiti
Elite
Elite

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations