Assistance checking over my translations

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Assistance checking over my translations

Postby jschotz » 04 Aug 2009, 16:08

Hello:

I could really use some help going over my translations...they are for sure not perfect as I don't speak Italian (it's been many a year since I have tried) and I need these checked to make sure they match their English counterpart.

Could someone have a look? I have uploaded the two files (which are Word files) to here:

Document 1

Document 2

And, the English original is on the first page, and the Italian translation is on the second page. Could someone help me? VERY MUCH!! SUPER PLEASE SO MUCH WITH CHERRIES! :D

Thanks

J
jschotz
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Assistance checking over my translations

Postby elba » 04 Aug 2009, 21:18

Hi J,
I had a quick look and saw one or two small errors, but I did not have time to control both documents even though the second was short.

I could do them but you don't say if you are in a rush, and I am rather busy at the moment.

If someone else comes along and can do them now - fine. If not just send me a Private Message. But I think you will agree, there is no point in 'two' people using prescious time doing the checking and correcting only to find that the same work has been done by someone else.

elba
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby jschotz » 06 Aug 2009, 11:05

Elba:

I actually need these translated for my appointment on the 13th of August. So, I have like 8 days. If you are available to proof it and certainly would be willing to do it, I would greatly appreciate it. What would be the best for you? If not...is there anyone out there who wouldn't mind?

Thanks so much!
jschotz
Rookie
Rookie

Postby elba » 06 Aug 2009, 15:28

I can do them this weekend for you if that is OK. I should be able to get it back to you by Sunday evening...

If anyone else can help 'J' before then - can you please post here and say you will do it for him and thus save the job being done twice.

Sorry 'J', I'm not trying to be difficult - I have to fit this in between other commitments and would be really pleased if someone else can do it before then for you, but a bit upset if they did it and didn't say they were going to. I do hope you understand.

elba
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby jschotz » 06 Aug 2009, 18:30

It's all good and if I can print them Tuesday or Wednesday night...that would be fine.

Thank you very much.
jschotz
Rookie
Rookie

Postby elba » 08 Aug 2009, 16:40

They're done... and I've sent you a Private Message 'J'

elba
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations