A little help with translation please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

A little help with translation please

Postby donnawright » 02 Sep 2009, 15:00

I received this email from a cousin discovered through research. I think she is telling me Aunt Amibile is 90 but remembers everything about Liberato (her sister's husband) coming to America and they hope to see me in Italy. Yes? (used Google translator)

The part I want to be clear about is at the the paragraph about her son and children. Please give a literal tranlation to that and let me know if I am correct about the rest of the message. Thank you.

Amabile Cerrifoto e piccolo video di salutonel video Amabile dice : Un saluto ai miei americani! ciao Donna

ho fatto una piccola intervista a zia Amabile che ha 90 anni ma si ricorda tuttoti manderò presto una mail dove ti racconto di Liberato in America etc.

ora sono molto impegnata

Lei e la sua famiglia ti salutano tanto e sperano possiate vedervi in Italialei ha 90 anni e vive con suo figlio unico Arnaldo, sposato conAlvesia e hanno due figliAlbano di 31 anni e Valeria di 23
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Re: A little help with translation please

Postby Sirena » 02 Sep 2009, 17:01

I had a short interview with Aunt Amabile who is 90 years old but she remembers everything. Soon she will send you mail which she will tell you abut Liberato in America, etc.
Now I am very busy.
She and her family send you greetings and hope to be able to see you in Italy. She is 90 years old and lives with her only son Arnaldo who is married to Alvesia and has 2 children Albano (31 yrs. old) and Valeria (23)

PS I get the impression that the mail is an email which this person will write for her because she says that she is too busy now.
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Postby donnawright » 02 Sep 2009, 17:15

Thanks for the translation. Google sometimes is a helper, but when it comes to needing exactness, nothing like the real thing. I appreciate it and will look forward to my letter. Another one I won't be able to read!

I asked the author of the message above to ask the old woman about my GM being left behind in Italy with the three kids while her spouse (my GF) came to America and was here for eleven years before sending for the family. I have a great opportunity here to learn something that has not been discussed in the family that I know of.
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Postby Sirena » 02 Sep 2009, 17:18

You're welcome. That was great luck to find her. Just post her message -- someone will translate it for you.
Sirena
Elite
Elite

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations