Short translation request

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Short translation request

Postby donnawright » 10 Sep 2009, 07:07

I believe I did my homework prior to posting. I searched through this link.

http://www.comuni-italiani.it/index.html

I am looking for a town called Poderuccio. On maps.google.com it is near Siena -- about 4 km. I also found another reference on the web that states the town is within the jurisdiction of Siena. However, on the site above, within Siena, the town is not mentioned.

I think I would like to send an email to the civil office of Siena and ask if they hold the civil records for Poderuccio. Not knowing enough detail yet, I think I am looking in the range of years 1840 - 1912.

Would someone be so kind as to draft a quickie for me to send to them? If they don't hold the civil records, will try something else.

Thank you.

Donna
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Re: Short translation request

Postby PeterTimber » 10 Sep 2009, 12:59

While Poderuccio maynot be a proper "frazione"(suburb, neighborhood of Siena) It may be an outlying hamlet or collection of (Italian version) of gas station and 7-11's and comes under the Siena jurisdiction. =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 10 Sep 2009, 13:05

Hi Donna,

Poderuccio belongs to the municipality of Siena:

http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/toscan ... uccio.html

it's a very little hamlet...

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 10 Sep 2009, 13:11

If you planon writing to Siena for Poderuccio documents go to www.tuttitalia.it/toscana/88-siena and then scroll down to MUNICIPIO for the address of the Muncipal archives UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE where you can make your request. The e-mail is URP@comune.Siena.it =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby donnawright » 11 Sep 2009, 10:14

I sent my request for information to the address provided by Peter above (URP @ comune.Siena.it and this is the response that just arrived. I'm not sure what the second paragraph says. I think she sent my message to an appropriate person/office, but not sure. Just want to make certain I do not have to resubmit my request. Thanks for your help.
=====

Gentile Signora,
la Sua richiesta è stata inoltrata per competenza all'Ufficio Stato Civile.

Le indichia per ulteriori informazioni il giusto indirizzo di posta elettronica:
stcivile@comune.siena.it

Cordiali saluti
L'istruttore amm.vo contabile
Antonella Gagliardi
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Postby pink67 » 11 Sep 2009, 12:10

Yes Donna,

they are saying they sent your e-mail message to the proper office... you don't have to send it again...
The U.R.P. is the "Ufficio Relazioni con il Pubblico" I believe they really sent your request.... :wink:

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Postby donnawright » 11 Sep 2009, 12:13

Is she also saying, I assume, to use that other email address for further correspondence?
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Postby PeterTimber » 11 Sep 2009, 12:15

Sorry about the delay Donna and thank you Laura for the translation and yes use the other address for your document requests. =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby elba » 11 Sep 2009, 17:13

donnawright wrote:Is she also saying, I assume, to use that other email address for further correspondence?

Donna, they said:
"Le indichia per ulteriori informazioni il giusto indirizzo di posta elettronica:
stcivile @ comune.siena.it "

This says

"I inform you that for any further information the correct electronic post (e-mail) address is stcivile @ comune.siena.it
"
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations