Short translation request

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Short translation request

Postby donnawright » 10 Sep 2009, 07:07

I believe I did my homework prior to posting. I searched through this link.

http://www.comuni-italiani.it/index.html

I am looking for a town called Poderuccio. On maps.google.com it is near Siena -- about 4 km. I also found another reference on the web that states the town is within the jurisdiction of Siena. However, on the site above, within Siena, the town is not mentioned.

I think I would like to send an email to the civil office of Siena and ask if they hold the civil records for Poderuccio. Not knowing enough detail yet, I think I am looking in the range of years 1840 - 1912.

Would someone be so kind as to draft a quickie for me to send to them? If they don't hold the civil records, will try something else.

Thank you.

Donna
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Short translation request

Postby PeterTimber » 10 Sep 2009, 12:59

While Poderuccio maynot be a proper "frazione"(suburb, neighborhood of Siena) It may be an outlying hamlet or collection of (Italian version) of gas station and 7-11's and comes under the Siena jurisdiction. =Peter=
~Peter~

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 10 Sep 2009, 13:05

Hi Donna,

Poderuccio belongs to the municipality of Siena:

http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/toscan ... uccio.html

it's a very little hamlet...

Laura

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 10 Sep 2009, 13:11

If you planon writing to Siena for Poderuccio documents go to www.tuttitalia.it/toscana/88-siena and then scroll down to MUNICIPIO for the address of the Muncipal archives UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE where you can make your request. The e-mail is URP@comune.Siena.it =Peter=
~Peter~

donnawright
Elite
Elite

Postby donnawright » 11 Sep 2009, 10:14

I sent my request for information to the address provided by Peter above (URP @ comune.Siena.it and this is the response that just arrived. I'm not sure what the second paragraph says. I think she sent my message to an appropriate person/office, but not sure. Just want to make certain I do not have to resubmit my request. Thanks for your help.
=====

Gentile Signora,
la Sua richiesta è stata inoltrata per competenza all'Ufficio Stato Civile.

Le indichia per ulteriori informazioni il giusto indirizzo di posta elettronica:
stcivile@comune.siena.it

Cordiali saluti
L'istruttore amm.vo contabile
Antonella Gagliardi
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 11 Sep 2009, 12:10

Yes Donna,

they are saying they sent your e-mail message to the proper office... you don't have to send it again...
The U.R.P. is the "Ufficio Relazioni con il Pubblico" I believe they really sent your request.... :wink:

Laura

donnawright
Elite
Elite

Postby donnawright » 11 Sep 2009, 12:13

Is she also saying, I assume, to use that other email address for further correspondence?

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 11 Sep 2009, 12:15

Sorry about the delay Donna and thank you Laura for the translation and yes use the other address for your document requests. =Peter=
~Peter~

elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby elba » 11 Sep 2009, 17:13

donnawright wrote:Is she also saying, I assume, to use that other email address for further correspondence?

Donna, they said:
"Le indichia per ulteriori informazioni il giusto indirizzo di posta elettronica:
stcivile @ comune.siena.it "

This says

"I inform you that for any further information the correct electronic post (e-mail) address is stcivile @ comune.siena.it
"
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”