please translate thank you letter to family

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

please translate thank you letter to family

Postby LKate » 05 Oct 2009, 01:50

I just returned from a fabulous trip to Italy, which included a meeting with two of my second cousins. I would greatly appreciate help in translating these sentences into Italian. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
LKate

Thank you so much for the wonderful dinner. It was very generous of you, and I want you to know how much we appreciate your kindness. It was a fun and very special evening and I will never forget it. My family in NJ is thrilled that we met, and they are so happy to hear all the details regarding our pleasant visit.

I appreciate the family information that you kindly shared with me. Thank you for patiently answering all of my curious questions. I really enjoyed getting to know both of you and seeing your beautiful home. I am hoping we can keep in touch despite the language barrier. I can have your letters translated.

Thanks again for your warm hospitality. I will keep you both in my heart.
LKate
Rookie
Rookie

Re: please translate thank you letter to family

Postby LKate » 09 Oct 2009, 12:21

I'm going to bump this up to the top again. I'm hoping someone can help me with this. Thank you!
Laura
p.s. - this meeting with my relatives in Candelo occurred because of the help I received from the kind people on this board. Thank you for making a dream come true for me, and I hope it inspires others to seek their relatives in Italy. What a special and rewarding experience!
LKate
Rookie
Rookie

Postby uantiti » 09 Oct 2009, 15:28

LKate wrote:

Thank you so much for the wonderful dinner. It was very generous of you, and I want you to know how much we appreciate your kindness. It was a fun and very special evening and I will never forget it. My family in NJ is thrilled that we met, and they are so happy to hear all the details regarding our pleasant visit.

I appreciate the family information that you kindly shared with me. Thank you for patiently answering all of my curious questions. I really enjoyed getting to know both of you and seeing your beautiful home. I am hoping we can keep in touch despite the language barrier. I can have your letters translated.

Thanks again for your warm hospitality. I will keep you both in my heart.

Ciao Laura, here you are:

Vi ringrazio tantissimo per l'ottima cena. E' stato molto generoso da parte vostra e voglio che sappiate quanto apprezziamo la vostra gentilezza. E' stata una serata divertente e speciale e non la dimenticherò mai.
I miei familiari nel New Jersey sono entusiati che ci siamo incontrate e sono veramente felici di sentire tutti i dettagli della nostra piacevole visita.
Apprezzo molto le notizie sulla famiglia che avete gentilmente condiviso con me e vi ringrazio per aver pazientemente risposto a tutte le mie curiosità.
Mi ha fatto veramente piacere conoscervi entrambe e vedere la vostra bellissima casa.
Spero ci terremo in contatto nonostante la barriera della lingua. Ho modo di farmi tradurre le vostre lettere.

Grazie ancora per la vostra calorosa ospitalità. Vi terrò entrambe nel mio cuore.

Ada
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Postby LKate » 09 Oct 2009, 21:48

Ah, Ada, my friend! You've helped me so many times, and here you are, once again. You are a dear! Thank you, always, for your gift of time and attention.

Laura
LKate
Rookie
Rookie

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations