Genealogy forms in Italian

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Genealogy forms in Italian

Post by donnawright »

I have made contact with some living family members in Italy. So far, all of them speak only Italian. I sent letters with help from the Google translator, using very simple language and sentences, and so far it seems serviceable... not great, but serviceable. They do not seem to understand that I want to know everything and everyone. I think part of the issue is that they are not experienced at this.

I thought perhaps I could use a family group sheet and perhaps a pedigree chart, fill out what I know, and send it to them in the mail for them to get the hang of it.

Those of you more experienced might already have these forms in Italian, but just in case you do not, here is a link to find these and other form helpers. If anyone has something better, please let me know.

http://www.lib.byu.edu/fslab/genforms.html
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria