Help Writing Second Letter to Italy

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Help Writing Second Letter to Italy

Postby adifresco » 05 Dec 2009, 22:30

I wrote a letter to the town of Frisa in Chieti requesting the birth certificate of my great-grandfather Giovanni Di Fresco (born September 28, 1895 or 1896). I recently received a reply telling me that the record could not be found.

I think that his birth name could be just "Giovanni Fresco" without the Di, and I would like to send another letter requesting the birth certificate for this name. What would be the best way to explain this in Italian? My knowledge of the language is very basic, so I don't know really know how to word it in a simple and understandable way.

Thanks.
adifresco
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Help Writing Second Letter to Italy

Postby PeterTimber » 05 Dec 2009, 22:43

Just send the regular form letter as if it were original request making no mention of anything submitted prior to this new request. I assume you used the form letter but if not this is the website to use: www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html

I assume you willbe requesting a birth record so request a long form "ESTRATTO DI NASCITA =LONG FORM. This long form will have parents names and dates of birth. You may also wish to consider requesting his Italian Army service records (REGISTRO DI LEVA=Conscription records)which lists parents names , place of residence etc.If he served in the Italian Army then you request his military records which are requested from the Provincial archivio di Stato, Sezione Militare. Please let us know if you choose to do so. =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations