Please assist with translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Please assist with translation

Postby luvmynonnie » 15 Dec 2009, 01:41

I am so excited that I can barely type...a few weeks ago I sent for the my grandparents marriage info and my grandmother's birth certificate from Casacanditella. I used the forms from the Angelfire website.

Today I received a *typed* response. Would someone kindly translate for me?

Estratto per riassunto dal registro degli atti di matrimonio

II giorno sei del mese di Maggio dell'amo millenovecentonove; nel Registro degli atti di Matrimonio di questo Comune al

N 4 parte 1^ Anno 1909 (AFTER THE *N* there is the symbol for degree?)
Venne trascritto il matrimonio, valido agli effetti civili celebrato in Casacanditella il giorno sei del mese di MAGGIO dell'anno Millenovecentonove

D'angelo Antonio di anni ventuno nato a Casacanditella, e residente in Casacanditella figlio di Nunzio e della fu MATTIA Mariagiuseppa.

Rapposelli Giovina di anni venticinque, nata a Chieti e residente in Rapino figlia di Francesco e di DI VINCENZO Maria.

Thank you in advance and I don't have the capability to scan, sorry. I only received the marriage info and not anything about the birth certificate. I am just so darn excited to learn my all I can :lol:
Lib
luvmynonnie
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Please assist with translation

Postby rdel4577 » 15 Dec 2009, 01:54

This is not exact but close enough:

Extract of the marriage register

The sixth day of May, 1909; in the Register of Marriage of this Commune at Number 4 of Part 1 of the year 1909
is registered the marriage valid at the effect of the civil celebration in Casacanditella on the sixth day of May 1909 of

D'Angelo Antonio, 21 years old born in Casacanditella, and resident in Casacanditella, son of Nunzio and the late Mariagiuseppa Mattia.

Rapposelli Giovina, 20 years old, born in Chieti and resident in Rapino daughter of Francesco and Di Vincenzo Maria.

That should be good enough for all the info you need.

Good Luck

Roberto
rdel4577
Rookie
Rookie

Postby luvmynonnie » 15 Dec 2009, 02:14

I thank you more than words can convey.
Lib
luvmynonnie
Rookie
Rookie

Postby liviomoreno » 15 Dec 2009, 06:44

rdel4577 wrote:Rapposelli Giovina, 20 years old, born in Chieti and resident in Rapino daughter of Francesco and Di Vincenzo Maria.

According to Lib's post she is 25

Lib wrote:N 4 parte 1^ Anno 1909 (AFTER THE *N* there is the symbol for degree?)

N°, this is a common abbreviation for "Numero" (Number, #). What you call symbol for degree is a small, superscript "o"
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby luvmynonnie » 15 Dec 2009, 16:34

Thank you, Livio. Yes, she was four yrs older than my grandfather :D
I am still on cloud nine learning this new info. WOW..I know my great grandparents names! I cannot wait to share this info with my mother as she never knew her grandparents and could not remember details concerning their names.
This board is absolutely the BEST and you guys are wondeful and oh so very helpful and kind!
Lib
luvmynonnie
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rdel4577 » 16 Dec 2009, 00:44

Sorry, guess I was trying to type and translate at the same time. Not very good at it.

Roberto
rdel4577
Rookie
Rookie

Postby luvmynonnie » 16 Dec 2009, 02:26

Roberto, I really appreciate that you took the time to translate for me!
You were so quick to help me and that in itself calmed me down, LOL! I was and am thrilled to finally learn the names of my great grandparents!
Thanks to you and Livio, my heart is filled with happiness :)
Lib
luvmynonnie
Rookie
Rookie

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations