Searching for info on Ambrose & Anna Galli

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
corinnekilburn

Searching for info on Ambrose & Anna Galli

Post by corinnekilburn »

I would appreciate any information on Ambrose & Anna Galli. Ambrose was probably born early 1800's and came from Lemna? Italy. He & Anna had at least one son named John George (or possibly Giorgio) Galli born in 1826 who migrated to Australia and married Ellen Duggan in 1954
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Searching for info on Ambrose & Anna Galli

Post by suanj »

Hi,
Lemna is a hamlet of Faggeto Lario town, Como province;

Giorgio arrived in 1848 in Australia and naturalized in 1851; the civil records available by Mormons, they are from 1828/9, bad luck...
Topic Italy, Como, Faggeto Lario - Civil registration

Titles Registri dello stato civile, 1828-1829 Faggeto Lario (Como). Ufficio dello stato civile
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0
best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
corinnekilburn

Post by corinnekilburn »

susanj Thank you for your quick reply. I already had that info on Giorgio Galli but I'm more interested in finding details on Ambrose & Anna Galli to further my search on my Galli ancestors in Italy. If you or anyone else has further info on them I would look forward to it
Regards
corinnekilburn
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The town Of Faggeto Lario is the admionstrative center for that town and its absorbed hamlet Lemna which today is a part of Faggeto Lario. There are however records avilable for residents of Lemna but only from 1866 to 1910. If you wish to contact the Civil Registration Office in Faggeto Lario then go to www.tuttitalia.it/79-faggeto-lario and scroll down to MUNICIPIO for the address where youmail your form letter in Italian to request documents free of charge.

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for the form letter. Just identify LEMNA records are being sought if any are avilable for your needs.
=Peter=
~Peter~
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

corinnekilburn wrote:susanj Thank you for your quick reply. I already had that info on Giorgio Galli but I'm more interested in finding details on Ambrose & Anna Galli to further my search on my Galli ancestors in Italy. If you or anyone else has further info on them I would look forward to it
Regards
corinnekilburn
Corinne I found only 1 death record maybe interesting:
-Ambrogio Galli decesead in Lemna in the 13 sep 1866, 77 old, son of Giovanni and Maddalena Silo, widow of Maria Elisabetta

Como e Lecco, Lombardia, Italia: Registri di stato civile, 1866-1936 Como and Lecco, Lombardy, Italy, Civil Registration Records, 1866-1936
about Ambrogio Galli
Name: Ambrogio Galli
Record Type: Decesso
Date: 1866
City: Lemna (Faggeto Lario)

County: Como

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Bianchifurniture

Post by Bianchifurniture »

My name is Bianchi and my family moved from Lemna to London in around 1830. I travel to Italy a lot and every year visit the grave yard in Lemna. I have taken many notes and have found that my family is married into the Galli family. My G G G G grandfather is burried there and he is married to Lucia Galli. Their son Pietro moved to London. Pietro set up the family business which to one degree or another we still run. We import from Italy mirrors which they made at the time locally in Lemna/Como.
Lemna Cemetary is full of Silo, Bianchi & Galli. For example Andrea Galli (b.1808) married Lucia Silo (b. 1808) and they had a son called Pietro Antonio Galli. My relative was called Pietro Antonio Bianchi born 1822 and his mother was also Lucia... confusing!