What is an international coupon?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

What is an international coupon?

Postby giannattasio » 26 Jan 2010, 19:14

I received a response to my request for a birth cert but I don't understand what they are requesting, an international coupon? Here is the letter:

oggi è pervenuta la Sua richiesta per ottenere il certificato di Suo nonno e, di fatto, risulta nato a Sambiase il 10/04/1870 ma si chiama Biase e non Biagio.
Per poterLe spedire il certificato di nascita, non ci sono diritti da pagare ma occorre un coupon internazionale che dovrà farmi pervenire, al fine di spedire il certificato richiesto.
In attesa di eventuali chiarimenti, porgo distinti saluti.
giannattasio
Rookie
Rookie

Re: What is an international coupon?

Postby aristides » 26 Jan 2010, 19:37

An Internation Reply Coupon prepays return postage. You purchase it at your local post office. Send it with your request. The respondent can then use it to pay for return postage in any country that belongs to the Internation Postal Union. Just go to your local post office and ask for one. Essentially, you are prepaying the return postage so the person at the other end does not have to.
aristides
Rookie
Rookie

Re: What is an international coupon?

Postby giannattasio » 26 Jan 2010, 19:45

Thanks for the help and quick response.
giannattasio
Rookie
Rookie

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations