Salvatore Mattora

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Salvatore Mattora

Postby oilman19 » 20 Feb 2010, 19:25

I found my grandmother's sibling whose existence I questioned. I ruined the 2nd page of this birth act but I believe all of the important info is on page 1.
I guess I will have to start looking again for his immigration to U.S. This journey continues to have so many surprises. I guess that is what keeps it so interesting for me.

Jim

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... th1885.jpg
oilman19
Master
Master

Re: Salvatore Mattora

Postby Tessa78 » 20 Feb 2010, 22:34

Salvatore Mattora, born 23 December, 1885 to Pasquale Mattora and Maria Tamburrino, on Via Caserina.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 21 Feb 2010, 07:55

Salvatore was born on the 18th of December 1885, the 23rd is the day the act was recorded in the municipality.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby oilman19 » 21 Feb 2010, 11:51

Thank you Tessa & Livio.
For those of you who helped me search for a sibling (Francesco, noted on my grandfather Fioravante Ianniello's manifest with a significantly different surname), I am still skeptical about whether Salvatore emigrated to U.S. None of my resources show any name similar to his on a manifest or census report (I don't have Ancestry). But I will keep looking for him.
I am assuming that Matteo Martora(birth act recently translated), was the person my mother referred to when talking about a family of cousins in Bridgeport, Fairfield, CT, She may not have known the correct relationship. He was a cousin because they shared the same great grandfather.
Fioravante's notation on his manifest may have actually referred to a friend instead of a real relative. I know this is all supposition and I will continue to go where the (new) facts lead me. I could not have made it this far without the phenomenal help I have received on this forum.

Thank you all,

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
oilman19
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 21 Feb 2010, 16:05

Sorry about the birthdate...I read the date of birth of Salvatore as "suddetto" and thought it referred to the presentation date that was above.

Thanks Livio for making that correction.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations