Marriage record translation help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Marriage record translation help

Postby angicaples » 14 Mar 2010, 03:29

I have been trying to translate some documents using an online translator, but it comes up as gibberish basically. Don't know what I'm doing wrong, because I can translate other items, such as the email from the Commune I received. Is there a difference in the language written by the priests in the baptismal and marriage records??

Anyway...I was searching through marriage records on microfilm today, and I kept noticing that at the end of most of them, was the name Michaelangelo Zabbia. This is our great great grandfather. I would like to know what the document is referring to when it comes to his name.

I do not need this whole document translated, just the last part where it refers to Michaelangelo Zabbia.

Thank you soooo much!!!
Angi
angicaples

Re: Marriage record translation help

Postby liviomoreno » 14 Mar 2010, 07:41

Michelangelo Zabbia was the witness of the marriage.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Marriage record translation help

Postby angicaples » 14 Mar 2010, 08:02

Thank you for that! He was on about 90% of the documents that I scrolled through. I was starting to wonder if he was the officiant. Since these were records from the church, I wonder if he held a position there......He was mentioned in pages and pages of marriages.

Interesting.....
angicaples

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations