Translation for euros please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Translation for euros please

Postby DeFilippis78 » 25 Mar 2010, 16:07

This is a reply I got from archives:

Per averne copia dovrebbe inviare la somma di Euro 1,50 tramite vaglia postale internazionale o Bancoposta MoneyGram intestato a: Archivio di Stato, Piazza Abate Conforti,7 84121 Salerno e un francobollo di Euro 1,50 necessario per la spedizione mediante posta prioritaria.

Exactly what do they need? I understand there is a price for the copy as well as a stamp back to the US. But I dont have any euros so how do I go about this?

Alicia
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Re: Translation for euros please

Postby elba » 25 Mar 2010, 16:34

DeFilippis78 wrote:This is a reply I got from archives:

Per averne copia dovrebbe inviare la somma di Euro 1,50 tramite vaglia postale internazionale o Bancoposta MoneyGram intestato a: Archivio di Stato, Piazza Abate Conforti,7 84121 Salerno e un francobollo di Euro 1,50 necessario per la spedizione mediante posta prioritaria.

Exactly what do they need? I understand there is a price for the copy as well as a stamp back to the US. But I dont have any euros so how do I go about this?

Alicia

To have a copy you must send the sum €1.50 by International postal or Bank Money gram and an Italian postage stamp value €1.50 to to enable us to send them. Send to:
Archivio di Stato,
Piazza Abate Conforti,7
84121 Salerno.

>THIS SITE< site does an Italian Postage stamp service... just ask.
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby DeFilippis78 » 25 Mar 2010, 17:02

That site doesnt work. Im still not sure how to get Euros here in the US. Do I get this from the bank or post office and where do you get an Italian stamp?

Alicia
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 25 Mar 2010, 17:38

DeFilippis78 wrote:That site doesnt work. Im still not sure how to get Euros here in the US. Do I get this from the bank or post office and where do you get an Italian stamp?

Alicia

It works for me...
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby DeFilippis78 » 25 Mar 2010, 17:47

Actually it is working now. But I dont understand what it is. I buy stamps from someone in Italy who sends them to me and I mail them back to Italy? There has to be a simpler way.

Alicia
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Postby elba » 25 Mar 2010, 18:38

>THIS< link should work. The stamp service is listed under 'Resources'...

The Admin of the site run the stamp service and only charge for the stamps plus a really tiny contribution towards the PayPal charge which is how you would pay for the stamp(s) that you need...

There certainly may be simpler ways to get Italian stamps and I would be most interested to know if you find one.

This is a tried and tested service.
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby DeFilippis78 » 25 Mar 2010, 18:43

I just actually thought of an easier way, I should have thought of earlier. My step father is from Genoa. Im sure he has this stuff because he sends stuff to his siblings. I wish I thought of that earlier :)

If hes out of them Ill try the service. Thanks for the tip

Alicia
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations