Military Document Reply - help with tranlation please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Military Document Reply - help with tranlation please

Postby jo123 » 01 Apr 2010, 06:08

Hi all,
I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a translation of a letter I recieved via email from the Archivo di Stato di Agrigento.

The email said:
Si trasmette la nota relativa all'oggetto

with the following letter attached:
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab28 ... 290310.jpg

I am assuming they are suggesting that I contact the local comune for the relevant documents.

Could someone please have a look at it for me.

Josie
Tracing my family from Sinopoli. Surnames: Monterosso, Puccini, Carbone, Tripodi, Caruso, Rugnetta, Fimmano, Luppino.
jo123
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Military Document Reply - help with tranlation please

Postby liviomoreno » 01 Apr 2010, 07:32

They are suggesting to contact the Archivio di Stato or the Distretto Militare of Reggio Calabria
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby jo123 » 01 Apr 2010, 10:45

I have sent a request letter for birth and marriage documents to Ufficio Statto Civile Comune di Sinopoli, and have also requested military documents from them if they have them. Does anyone have an address or email for the Archivio di Stato or the Distretto Militare of Reggio Calabria? I am having trouble locating one.

Josie
Tracing my family from Sinopoli. Surnames: Monterosso, Puccini, Carbone, Tripodi, Caruso, Rugnetta, Fimmano, Luppino.
jo123
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jo123 » 01 Apr 2010, 11:14

I just realised that I sent the email to someone in Sicily I think.
That would explain.

I've just sent it to Archivo Di Stato Reggio Calabria
as-rc@beniculturali.it

Hopefully I have the right region now :}

Is it worth sending a letter requesting birth and marriage certificates from Sinopoli to Archivo Di Stato Reggio Calabria or will I have better luck from the Ufficio di Statto Civile Commune di Sinopoli (which is who I sent the letter to). The records I am requesting are dated from 1920 to 1945.

Josie
jo123
Rookie
Rookie

Postby johnnyonthespot » 01 Apr 2010, 11:51

Generally speaking, birth, marriage, and death records should be obtained from the Ufficio dello Stato Civile of the comune where the event took place.

Military records are held by and obtained from the Archivio di Stato of the province which includes the birth comune.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby jo123 » 01 Apr 2010, 11:53

Thankyou. I will patiently wait and see if I have any luck.

Josie
jo123
Rookie
Rookie

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations