Help with birth record translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bottino
Veteran
Veteran

Help with birth record translation

Post by bottino »

The format of the birth records I am working on, seems to have changed. This is the new format.
http://img8.imageshack.us/i/img2285h.jpg/
Can I get a translation of this one of these records. I would like to see it written out in Latin, and an Italian or English translation.
thank you.
Paul
Lucap
Master
Master

Re: Help with birth record translation

Post by Lucap »

Eadem anno die sexta Martii. Sacerdos Petro Bernardino Fenoglio baptizavit infantem pridie natam ex Joanne Baptista q(uon)dam Stephani Bertino, et Rosa q(uon)dam Stephani Castello(???) conjugibus, cui nomen imposuit Margarita. Patrini Petro q(uon)dam Bartholomei Alice, et Marianna q(uon)dam Dominici Alce.
Lo stesso anno [see above: anno millesimo octingentesimo trigesimo septimo = milleottocentotrentasette - 1837] il giorno sei di Marzo. Il Sacerdote Pietro Bernardino Fenoglio battezzò un infante nato il giorno prima dai coniugi Giovanni Battista del fu Stefano Bertino e Rosa del fu Stefano Castello(???), a cui impose il nome Margherita. Padrini Pietro del fu Bartolomeo Alice e Marianna del fu Domenico Alce.

L.
bottino
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Help with birth record translation

Post by bottino »

I forgot to thank you for this Luca. It has helped me through several pages of records. I now have a new question just to have this record written out in Latin for me. I think she is my great grandmother.
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5106/img2286e.jpg
Anyway, thanks again for your excellent help.
Paul