Liguore, Busico matrimoni

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
16 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

Liguore, Busico matrimoni

Postby oilman19 » 03 May 2010, 23:22

I believe I found a sibling for Agostino Busico. :? His parents names don't seem to be much clearer on this document. Can someone please translate this matrimoni for me.

Thank you,

Jim

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... ni1885.jpg
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
oilman19
Master
Master

Re: Signore, Busico matrimoni

Postby Tessa78 » 04 May 2010, 01:52

Marriage of Simmaco Busico, 30, farmer, son of Gaetano, and Pascala Arvaldi (sp?)
to
Maria Giuseppa Signore, 23, farmer, daughter of Xxxxxcenzo and Maria(?) Alessandra d'Orse (deceased?)

All of the above born and reside in SMCV

Date is 16 November 1885 at 10 AM

Hard to read the blurry parts...sorry :?

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby oilman19 » 04 May 2010, 08:25

Hi T.
I was not able to make sense of some of that script either.
I apologize for the blur. Do you think a clearer copy would help? I may be able to re-scan it. I believe I still have the film.
Thank you for your help.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
oilman19
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 04 May 2010, 10:48

Hi T and Jim
Sorry to put my two cents into this. The last name of Maria Giuseppa is Liguore and not Signore. Liguore is a current surname in the town. I think the name of the bride's father is Crescenzo. The mother of the bride is definitely deceased. After her name it says residente in vita (resident in life) so that is fu before her name.

This is some fancy handwriting on this record.

Think that's all for now.
Peg
maestra36
Master
Master

Postby oilman19 » 04 May 2010, 11:23

Hi Peg,
Wow. I see so many Signores in S.M., I guess I just looked at this one too quick. 2 sets of eyeballs are better than one. Your two cents is appreciated.
Thank you,

Jim
Jim

oilman19
Master
Master

Re: Liguore, Busico matrimoni

Postby oilman19 » 05 Jun 2010, 16:45

Hi,
I found a birth act from this matrimoni and I have to say it looks like Signore to me. Can someone look at both documents and help me determine whether it is Liguore or Signore? Also, is it possible it was likely written differently on the 2 documents?
I suspect this won't be the last time I can't figure out the difference between the 2 names, both of which seem to be quite common in S.M. :?
I have the birth act translated. It is just that name I can't justify.
Thank you for your help. :)

Jim

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... th1889.jpg
Jim

oilman19
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 05 Jun 2010, 16:53

The S in the word Segretario in the third line is formed much differently from the beginning letter of the surname.
maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 05 Jun 2010, 16:56

BUT it doesn't look like the capital L in the first line of the handwritten info below the document where it says La dichiarante.
maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 05 Jun 2010, 16:57

Did you look to see how these surnames are indexed on the microfilm-whether under the letter S or letter L?
maestra36
Master
Master

Postby oilman19 » 05 Jun 2010, 18:06

Hi Peg.
I think this birth act may have had an index and no I didn't think to look. You don't think the person who made the index would have the same issues?
I interpreted it as an "S", but, you're right, it doesn't match the other S's on the document. The 4th letter sure looks like an "n" and not a "u".
I have looked at many Signore's and Liguore's and I could make an argument either way on many of them. Nothing seems to be consistent in the script.
Do you think the index will be the final word?
Thank you.

Jim
Jim

oilman19
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 05 Jun 2010, 18:22

Jim
I'm finding it a really difficult call to say with any degree of certainty which is the correct surname in these documents since both surnames exist in the town and there is no consistency in the script even within a single document. I can't promise that the indexes will help, but that is certainly one option I have used in the past when I was in doubt. I guess another option would be to contact the town's anagrafe office via email and send them the information both ways and ask them which is the correct surname. That would have to be written in Italian though. I think the town's official website has an email address for that office. I am not fluent in writing Italian, but will try to help you through a private message, if you want. Or perhaps someone else who is fluent in writing the language on this forum can help you with such an email. My emails to my various town's anagrafe offices have been getting responses, so I know they understand what I am writing to them. I don't know what else to tell you, unless someone else on this forum has another idea. You have to find out for sure or you'll be researching the wrong surname.
Peg
maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 05 Jun 2010, 19:08

Jim
I'm sending you a private message
Peg
maestra36
Master
Master

Postby oilman19 » 05 Jun 2010, 20:07

Peg,

I sent the email. This is my first experience with emailing to Italy (in Italian).
I will keep you posted.

Thank you for your help. :)

Jim
Jim

oilman19
Master
Master

Postby oilman19 » 09 Jun 2010, 12:16

Hi Peg,

Do you think it is too soon to expect an answer from the email I sent?

I haven't heard anything yet.

Jim
Jim

oilman19
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 09 Jun 2010, 12:30

Jim
You just sent that email on Sunday, I think it was. You have to give that office at least 30 days before you email again and put "la seconda domanda" or "second request" in the subject of the email. Supposedly in Aug of 1991, there was a law passed in Italy to the effect that a civil office had 30 days to respond to a request. Of course, there are people on this forum who have requested information and some six months later have not received it. I have been emailing a lot of anagrafe offices in the past few months. A few have responded within days. Also if you look at the website for your town, you will probably see that the office has limited hours. I think they are only open a few hours each day, but maybe late one day a week. With the time difference, I have found that I receive answers early in the day. I know you are anxious for the info, but give it some time. I am confident that the office will respond, as you gave the official there very specific information and it should be easy to locate and checked for the correct spelling of the surname.
Peg

P.S. I'm surprised you aren't retired yet! Within the amt of time you are spending on this research, I was sure you were.

How do you get a smiley face on this part of the forum???
maestra36
Master
Master

Next

16 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations