Help with handwriting, and translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bottino
Veteran
Veteran

Help with handwriting, and translation

Post by bottino »

This Pezze record is a little different format than others on this page. Can someone type it out for me, and tell me what is different about this one. It has some more names in there besides the parents, grandparents and child.
thanks
Paul
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/1231/img2326b.jpg
Lucap
Master
Master

Re: Help with handwriting, and translation

Post by Lucap »

Eodem anno die vigesimasecunda septembris natus est infans filius Aloysii quondam Thomae Pezzé et Catharinae quondam Antonii Lavel(?) coniugum, quem domi ob periculum baptizavit Maria vidua quondam Joannis Milano ut pater(!) infantis assistens asservit, deinde eadem die ad ecclesiam portatus est, et sacras preces, ac coerimonas super ipsum adhibuit Sacerdos Petrus Bernardus Fenoglio, et nomen imposuit Bartholomeus.
Adsisterunt Bartholomeus quondam Michaelis Mariet ejusque uxor Dominica(?).

Lo stesso anno, il giorno 22 di settembre è nato il figlio dei coniugi Luigi del fu Tommaso Pezzé e Caterina del fu Antonio Level(?), che battezzò in casa per pericolo [di morte] Maria vedova del fu Giovanni Milano che ne ebbe cura come [se fosse il] padre dell'infante, poi lo stesso giorno fu portato in chiesa e su di lui rivolse le preghiere e le sacre cerimonie il sacerdote Pietro Bernardo Fenoglio e impose il nome di Bartolomeo.
Assistettero Bartolomeo del fu Michele Mariet e sua moglie Domenica(?).
bottino
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bottino »

Thank you Luca. I understand most of it, I know who the parents are and thc child, but I will have to study it carefully, and probably ask you another question about it. But now at least all the words are clear to me. Who is Maria for example? There is more here than I usually see. Can you just explain it to me.
Paul
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

Maria, probably the midwife, was present at the moment of the birth and thinking that the child was at risk of his life decided to baptize the baby (the Church admit it); then, escaped from danger, the baby was brought along in the church for the ritual ceremonies and the impsition of the name. At this second part were presents Bartolomeo Mariet and his wife.

L.
bottino
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bottino »

Excellent, thank you. I really appreciate your help and insight.
Paul