Santoro and Funaro CAriati

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Santoro and Funaro CAriati

Postby irenetrantas » 14 Jun 2010, 13:32

Can someone help me decipher this marriage certificate of my great great grandparents?

I cannot decipher the occupations and names of which families are maternal and which paternal -- also I cannot make out the name -- if it is lummisano as one of surnames, there are none to be found from what I can see, surname never existed....

If someone can assist with translation and locations, details, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Irene
irenetrantas

Re: Santoro and Funaro CAriati

Postby johnnyonthespot » 14 Jun 2010, 13:38

irenetrantas wrote:Can someone help me decipher this marriage certificate of my great great grandparents?

Irene, I am guessing that you tried to upload an image file along with your post and that it failed due to the image being greater than 256kb in file size.

It that is the case, you will need to either use an image editing application to reduce the file size, or upload the image to a hosting site such as photobucket.com or imageshack.com and then post a link to the hosted image in this thread.

Carmine
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby irenetrantas » 14 Jun 2010, 13:47

oops! Thank you so much!!!

Visit: http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae181/irenetrantas/

Thx again!!!!!
irenetrantas

Postby Tessa78 » 14 Jun 2010, 15:09

Hello Irene :-)

This is part of the matrimoni allegati which is a collection of documents related to the marriage act. It records some of the publication process of the banns of marriage. That being said...

Groom is Gennaro Santoro, 23, son of deceased Giovanni and of Serafina Lummisano (women always used their own surname). He was a farm laborer (contadino) and it looks like he was residing in Terravecchia.

Bride is Fortunata Funaro, 20, daughter of "xxxxx" (sent translation in Private Message), and of Maria Funaro. She was a "contadino" - farm laborer - residing in Terravecchia.

The record tells that they appeared at the casa comunale (town hall) of Cariati, a village in the area of Rossano in the Province of Calabria Citra, on 30 May 1869 before the mayor. It indicates that the first banns were announced on 23 May.

T.
edited: If you can find the actual Atto di Matrimonio, you may be able to read the groom's mother's name more clearly...although it looks very clear here - and seems to read LUMMISANO.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations