Carmine Ianniello matrimoni

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

Carmine Ianniello matrimoni

Post by oilman19 »

I have this Atti Di Matrimonio for a sibling of my ggf. I'm hoping his age is 29. I am also struggling with date of marriage, her age, and her mother's name. I believe I have everything else figured out. :?
Thank you so much. :)

Jim

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... rr1891.jpg
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Carmine Ianniello matrimoni

Post by maestra36 »

Jim
This is what I see. Don't know if T will agree-

Nov 26, 1891
age 29 groom
bride-I was going to say 23, but the first letter is formed differently and I don't know what else it could be-T- what do you think?
bride's mother Nunziata Papiro
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Peg,

I was thinking Papale.
What do you think?

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Jim
What looks to you like the letter L looks to me to be the loop coming down from the letter q in questa. Of course, just to make life difficult, both surnames exist in your town.
Peg
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Look at the two letter Ls in the name Carrillo
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I don't know what to say. I saw the surname Papiro immediately but that doesn't mean it's correct. I also see the dot over the letter i
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Peg,
I actually thought that dot was a blemish on the document. I haven't any strong feelings about this name. :?
I may never know until I find the birth act of the bride or the matrimoni of Antonio and Nunziata.

Thank you for your help.

Jim
Jim

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hey Jim and Peg :-)

I read the date of the marriage as 23 of November 1891.

I agree with you Peg, that Maria's age is 23. (even though the first letter does seem to be formed differently)

But I have to go with Papale as her mother's surname...

T.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

T
I originally was going with 23 as the date of the marriage until I looked at the height of the t in what we agree is the age of Maria. I thought the second t was so much shorter than the other letter Ts in the document and that was why I changed my mind and went to 26 as the date.

As to the surname- I still see Papiro and that is my first choice, but hopefully Jim will find another document which will settle this once and for all. I see how you can see Papale, but I still think there is a dot and not just a blemish over what I see as the letter i, but that is my personal opinion and, as I told Jim, I could be wrong.

Peg
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi T.

Now I thought I saw 26. :? There appears to be a dot for an i. This record is not cooperating, is it?

Thank you.

Jim
Jim

maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Jim
Out of all the towns in which I have done microfilmed research, I just can't believe how much variation there is in the formation of the individual letters throughout a single document in this town. Sorry if my perceptions are adding to the confusion.
Peg
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Just a touch of paranoia for me.

I believe my ancestors chose only people with poor penmanship to officiate for them. :wink:

For some reason, they didn't wish to be found. Do you think they had something to hide? I'm going to be spiteful and find them anyway.

Thanks again. :)

Jim
Jim