Translations of family Italian birth, death, marriage record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Translations of family Italian birth, death, marriage re

Post by Tessa78 »

When you uploaded them you should have a set of "links" with code in a column on the left.

COPY the link code in the DIRECT LINK and paste it in the forum...

T.

I'll be here if you need more help.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

You need to copy the direct link code WHEN you upload. Don't think there is a way to go back and access it. :-(

T.
pansy1219

Post by pansy1219 »

I might as well save time and explain what I am trying to do.
Grandfather and Grandmother - Antonio Cresci and Maria Angela Leonardi

All family from areas of San Vincenzo, Porcigatoni, Noceviglia, Bedonia, all towns in the Province of Parma, Italy.

Now I was able to find at the Family History Center their Marriage Certificate, and Birth Certificates. They died in US, so I don't need Death Certificates I already have their cemetery and burial records.

So I am going back. to Antonio Cresci and Maria Angela Leonardi's parents. They are mentioned in the marriage and birth certificates. However, there ages are mentioned in them, which I think, and I thought by subtracting their ages from the marriage certificate year of their children and the children's births, I could surmise their birth years approximately. It's not sure, because I cant read them, but also I have another problem.
Antonio Cresci's father, Carlo Cresci, was dead when he married. I don't see his name in the body of the birth Certificate either, but it is on the side.
These peoples names, are Carlo Cresci and Rosa Granelli
and Giacomo Leonardi and Maria Rosa Scagliola.
That is who I am interested in finding.
Now, I also came across the DEATH of a Luigi Cresci, who's parents were Carlo Cresci and Rosa Granelli. Looks like they lost a young baby boy.
I really need the details on these documents, because they may explain who's who.
Any help you can share on this will be so greatly appreciated.
Yours sincerely,. pansy
PS. anyone whose family comes from Parma know about their specialty, Torta. I'd like to hear all comments on this delightful, traditional, dish.
pansy1219

Post by pansy1219 »

Direct link code?,, Oh boy, I better retire and try again tomorrow. My head is mush right now. Thanks again, pansy
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

pansy,

We will help you to sort this out, but it would be best to post the documents.

Let's try this... I will send you a Private Message which you can access with the "inbox" at the top right of this page. I will send you my email address so you can send one of the documents. I will then post it to the forum. If it works...we'll post the rest...

OK?

T.
pansy1219

Post by pansy1219 »

Dearest T, and everyone else out there who is trying to help me.
First I want to wish you or your Fathers, or your Fathers who have gone home, a truly Happy Father's Day. And I want to thank you all, again for all your help.

Next Thank you T, for your kind offer, I was afraid to ask anyone for their personal e mail addresses, but I will certaintly be happy to send them to you, if after what I found out this morning, after clearing my head, doesn't work. I so very much appreciate your offer, but I need to see if I can learn, if my 68 yr old head can get around this stuff. It's a personal quest, I'm annoyed with myself because this technology has gone way beyond my education and understanding.

I do have a great idea though, the first person who develops a computer and software for the elderly and simplifies a way an older person who is not computer savy, so they can get around all the tech stuff, will be a millionaire. you know, big, big fonts, easy links to get around, the same neat stuff everyone else has, but really, really simplified. Hey, I have even a better idea, You know like they have Carbonite for those who lose their info, Well about a service for a reasonable fee, that older people can get on, tell the person on the chat end, this is what I want to do, and they do it for you. WOW.
Right now, my 76 year old brother who I love to death, is calling me everyday, begging me to show him how to download the pictures I send him into his pictures or his documents. He has such trouble even if it works for him to download, but then to go find them again. He's so frustrated, he wants to throw the computer out the window. I'm the one who convinced him to get it and we can keep in touch by e mail because I cannot travel. You see, I havent seen my brother in 21 years. Sorry to go on, but I'm totally serious, the person who develops some kind of tech for dummies and the elderly, will make a fortune. You can sign me and my two brothers and my Aunt Gloria up right now. LOL

I went back to image shack signed in and saw my documents. Then below on the right was links and i recognized my document titles along with the link jargon. For ex, one is, http//img687.imageshack.us/img687/4967/italianmarriagecertifi.jpg
Now I pasted and copied them all and put them into my Geneaology folder.
If this is the links you spoke of, then what do I do with them.

Have a great day, pansy
pansy1219

Post by pansy1219 »

Dear T,
Another question, I noticed a donation on the left of this site. When I clicked on, the pay pal looks like it's in German language. Can you explain to my e mail hgboxill@verizon.net. pansy
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi pansy,

First, you should check out the library offerings in your vicinity for computer classes. They usually have some simple "how-tos" for just the kind of things you and your brothr want to do :-)

Next...
I'm hoping that the "code link" you copied into your Gen Folder is the one called the "Direct link" . It makes it easier for people to view.

COPY and PASTE the link you want us to view into this forum as you type out your post. Nothing fancy... be sure to hit ENTER after you PASTE! :-)

Then click submit...

If you want to try it now...I'll wait to see if you're successful. Hang in there :-D

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Go to the top right of this page and click on the English flag. Then tell me if you still see the donation ad in German.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

And were you able to access your Private Messages?

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

deleted...

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Looks like a successful post! :-)

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Nice job T. :)

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

First Image is the Act of Marriage for Antonio Cresci and Maria Angela Leonardi...
Dated 4 Novembr 1889 at 11:21 AM (they appeared at the town hall)
Antonio Cresci, 24, farmer, born in San Vincenzo, resides in Porcigatone (sp?), son of deceased Carlo and Rosa Granelli.
AND
Maria Angela Leonardi, 20, farmer, daughter of Giacomo and Maria Rosa Scagliola (sp?).

Witnesses: Cesare Delucia of deceased Francesco, clerk; and Angelo Leonardi of Antonio, clerk.

Writing at the bottom tells that the banns were published according to law (dates are given of 20 and 27 of October last); and that mother of groom and father of bride were present to give their consent.

T.