Nicola Tamburino morti

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Nicola Tamburino morti

Postby oilman19 » 01 Jul 2010, 21:47

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/6402 ... ath189.jpg

Hi :)

This may be another 2g grandfather Nicola Tamburrino. However, there are some issues.
1. Is it apparent why this document was not entered via the normal morti form?
2. He has the right father and his age is close enough. I never knew who his mother was.
3. I have his wife as Teresa di Nardo who produced at least 3 children between 1852-1863. Would the morti necessarily show all wives names?
I know the morti is only as good as the informant, but I am curious about the tradition of showing all wives.

Please help!

Thank you.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
oilman19
Master
Master

Re: Nicola Tamburino morti

Postby maestra36 » 01 Jul 2010, 22:26

He died in a hospital. Sometimes all previous wives are named and a document might read Teresa di Nardo in the first place and Gaetana, etc, in the second place. Usually, however, only the name of the last or current spouse is given.

Have to see about dinner. More later.
maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 01 Jul 2010, 23:52

Jim
The document is dated Oct 7, 1893 at 11 a.m. in the town hall. Michele Cavalier della Valle was the mayor and official of SMCV. He received from the financial director of St Joseph's hospital a notice dated today relative to the death of Nicola Tamburino. Nicola died in the stated hospital at 7 a.m. today. He was 65 and a farmer who had been born and resided in SM. He was the son of deceased Antonio and deceased Anna Maria Letizia. He was married to Gaetana Ciglione. The town official inserted the advisement into the allegati of his registers.
Hope this helps.
Peg
maestra36
Master
Master

Postby oilman19 » 02 Jul 2010, 00:12

Hi Peg

It does help. :)

I am highly confident that this is my 2g grandfather. However, I still can't prove it. I need more confirming evidence.

I'll have to be patient. :(

Thank you

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
oilman19
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 02 Jul 2010, 00:50

maestra36 wrote:Jim
The document is dated Oct 7, 1893 at 11 a.m. in the town hall. Michele Cavalier della Valle was the mayor and official of SMCV. He received from the financial director of St Joseph's hospital a notice dated today relative to the death of Nicola Tamburino. Nicola died in the stated hospital at 7 a.m. today. He was 65 and a farmer who had been born and resided in SM. He was the son of deceased Antonio and deceased Anna Maria Letizia. He was married to Gaetana Ciglione. The town official inserted the advisement into the allegati of his registers.
Hope this helps.
Peg

Just a footnote... :-)

Cavalier is Michele della Valle's title. It is an honor (knighthood) bestowed on a civilian. Usually for a great service to the nation of Italy.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 02 Jul 2010, 01:41

I knew that Cavalier was a title, T, and should have clarified that for Jim. Thanks for doing so.
Peg
maestra36
Master
Master

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations