Divorce on Birth Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Divorce on Birth Record

Post by PeterTimber »

....... and often half are called another first name so that people don't get to confused as to who is who and even then their parents names follow to zero inon the right family. =Peter=
~Peter~
amerital43
Rookie
Rookie

Post by amerital43 »

To Tessa & Peter:
Oh I know so well about that naming & re-naming if a previous child passes on. My own father went through that. Yes, Tessa the next Guiseppe was of the same parents.

As for the Guiseppe(s) which in America became Joseph, there are 2 Josephs in 1 generation and about 4 in the next. That part of the family refers to the immigrant Guiseppe as Joseph (Americanized), while I refer to him as Guiseppe. When he came to America he was Guiseppe, and when he died there he was Joseph.
Peter, I know what you mean about the other names to separate them out, oddly enough the family doesn't do that, but I've known other families that have.

Thank you for coming back on and clarifying.
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

amerital43 wrote:...what it's stating after Guiseppe's name...
amerital43 wrote:...was ANOTHER Guiseppe...
I know that this is (probably) a not important thing, but I noticed that many of you usually write the italian name Giuseppe as Guiseppe: it's completely wrong. The pronunciation of these two words is very different and, above all, no one of your ancestor was never called in that way.
L.
amerital43
Rookie
Rookie

Post by amerital43 »

Lucap...I know that it was most likely a typo on my part, although consistent. I agree the reversal of the letters WILL give a different pronunciation. I'm sure we'll all try to be a little more conscientious about it in the future.