de Lucia sisters matrimonio's

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

de Lucia sisters matrimonio's

Post by oilman19 »

http://img541.imageshack.us/i/delucialo ... r1897.jpg/
http://img827.imageshack.us/i/perrottad ... r1898.jpg/

I have the matrimonio's for these 2 sisters. I am at a loss to figure out their mother's correct surname. It looks like a different name on each document. :?

I am also trying to figure out Nicola Lombardo's nati.

I believe I have everything else translated correctly.

Can someone help?

Thank you

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: de Lucia sisters matrimonio's

Post by maestra36 »

Jim

in first image the mother is Palma Godice (can't find that surname currently in SMCV). In the second, the mother is Palma Fiore (plenty of Fiore currently in the town). I'm guessing the first record has an error concerning the mother's maiden name unless, of course, there were two different wives for the father.

Nicola Lombardo's place of birth we have seen before in another document you have-frazione S. Angelo in Formis/Capua

Peg
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

in DE LUCIA Maria marriage, the mother name is Palma IODICE;
in DE LUCIA Angela Rosa marriage, the mother name is Palma FIORE.

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I thought I was imagining things when I saw the 2 different surnames. I guess Salvatore liked the given name "Palma". :?

Molte grazie

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Thanks, suranj. The one mother'surname is Iodice. That surname does currently exist in SMCV.
Peg
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Jim,

Be careful when assuming that this is the same Salvatore as each bride's father. Because of naming patterns in Italy, there could be several or more cousins who were all named after their grandfather Salvatore. These two Salvatores may not be the same person... :-?

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I am proceeding with caution. I will uncover supporting evidence eventually to prove or disprove whether she is the same person. I am working on that line, so something may present itself soon.

Thank you

Jim
Jim