Giuseppe Angiello matrimoni

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

Giuseppe Angiello matrimoni

Post by oilman19 »

http://img39.imageshack.us/i/angiellagi ... rr188.jpg/
http://img804.imageshack.us/i/angiellag ... rr188.jpg/

Hi again jima :)

Here is the matrimoni of your gg grandparents, It should provide you with Giuseppe's parents names.
Hope this helps.
I'm sure someone will be kind enough to translate it for you.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Giuseppe Angiello matrimoni

Post by Tessa78 »

Short version... :-)

Act of Marriage #11

1883 February 15.
Giuseppe Angiello, 35, mason, son of Domenico and deceased Maria Graziano
AND
Magnifica Merenda, 27, peasant farmer, daughter of _______ and Teresa Mengliuto(sp?)

T.
JimA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JimA »

Hmm, thought I already responded here, but I don't see my post... anyway, here is the gist:

Wow, Jim, you are amazing! You too, Tessa! Thank you so much.
Researching the surnames Angiello (Santa Maria Capua Vetere), Dell'Aquila (Caserta?), Sangiorgio and Della Corte (Campania?).
JimA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JimA »

It appears that Carmela and Carmina Angiello were the same person, and that she was the older sister of Giuseppe (from referencing other posts here).
Researching the surnames Angiello (Santa Maria Capua Vetere), Dell'Aquila (Caserta?), Sangiorgio and Della Corte (Campania?).
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

The mother of the bride was Teresa Magliulo
JimA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JimA »

Wonderful, thank you maestra!
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

can't read the bride's father's first name either
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Does it provide a nati for Magnifica?
Where did they get married?

Thank you

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

jima

Have you seen this post?
http://italiangenealogy.com/Forums/view ... iello.html

I also have Carmina's birth act if you haven't seen it.

Jim
Jim

JimA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JimA »

Hi, Jim,

Yes, I have seen that post and the one with Carmina's birth act. One or the other of those two threads brought me to this site and to you.

What are the odds that Carmina and Carmela are two different people?

Carmela was 29 on November 24, 1873, so she was most likely born in 1844, but possibly in 1843. Her father's name was Domenico.

Carmina was born May 1, 1844. Her father's name was Domenico as well.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Jim

Your conclusion is correct. I believe Carmela and Carmina are the same person. I made the same calculations.
However, I have already run into this phenomenon. Elsewhere in my family tree, the same thing occurred with the same given name. Since it is not a middle name swap (as seems to be common), maybe someone can tell us why this given name has tended to change over time.
Carmine "johnnyonthespot", or Peter, this looks like it is right up your alley. Any opinion?

Jim
Jim

maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Possible first name for the bride's father is Saverio.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

The bride's birth place is given in the record, but I have to decipher the town name. It was not SMCV
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Normally when I se a hand written document for a matrimoni, I assume it is a ceremony that took place elsewhere. I can't get to first base without the discipline of the forms where you know where to find the info you seek. Try as I may, I have made practically no progress in translating this type of document.
You are my lifesaver.

Thank you.

Jim
Jim

maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Jim
This is a really difficult document to translate. I see that the publications were only made in SMCV, but the town of birth for the bride is definitely something different. I can't make out the first letter of the town name at all. So I really don't know at this point. I also can't read where her mother is a resident but her mother's maiden name definitely exists in SMCV.

I see the standard info in the record about him taking her for his bride and her taking him for her husband. I also see the names of the witnesses. Let me go back and look at those names and see if they are surnames from SMCV. It was customary for the bride and groom to provide their own witnesses.

Peg