Giuseppe Angiello matrimoni

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

Re: Giuseppe Angiello matrimoni

Post by oilman19 »

would a better scan help? Or, would you like me to email the original scan to you? Wold that be any better?

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

By the way, the marriage did take place in the other town. The town name appears on line 4 of page 1, as well as with the info about the bride. It is pretty clearly written on line 4, but I can't make out the first letter.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

no, it has nothing to do with a better scan. I just can't decipher the first letter of the town name which would be a big help if I could.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

actually the town name is on line 6 and not line 4 of the first page
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I think it's Arnone

There is a place called Cancello e Arnone in Caserta Provine
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

That is the town. It is right there with an ed between the two words instead of the letter e
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Jim
Do you need any other info from this document?
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Peg,

I don't think so.

Thank you so very much. That was a tough one.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
JimA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JimA »

Wonderful. So, does it say that the bride was born in Cancello e Arnone, in addition to the wedding taking place there?
Researching the surnames Angiello (Santa Maria Capua Vetere), Dell'Aquila (Caserta?), Sangiorgio and Della Corte (Campania?).
JimA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JimA »

It actually looks like the comune name is spelled with "ed"--see http://www.cancelloedarnone.gov.it/
Researching the surnames Angiello (Santa Maria Capua Vetere), Dell'Aquila (Caserta?), Sangiorgio and Della Corte (Campania?).
JimA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JimA »

And it looks like I'm going to miss their big mozzarella festival this weekend! :D
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Jim

In researching Cancello e Arnone, it appears the "e" and "ed" are used interchangeably. I don't know the reason why.

Also, I will miss the festival too. But then again, I won't have to buy a larger belt.

Ciao
Jim

maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

To JimA,
By the bride's info in the record, it says she was born and resident in Arnone. It does not give the full town name in that part of the record.
Peg
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Jim

I have found a Allegato al registro dei matrimonii from 1908 for:
Elpidio Ianniello of Giovanni and Louisa Angiello to Teresa Angiello of deceased Pasquale and Giuseppa Adamo.
Does this record fit into your family tree? If so, I can post it here or send it to you in an email.
Jim

JimA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JimA »

I don't recognize the names Giovanni, Louisa or Teresa, but the document could be useful later in linking the Italian Angiellos with whom I'm communicating to my family, so I'd love to have it if convenient. I'm dropping you an email momentarily.