Giuseppe Angiello matrimoni

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JimA
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Giuseppe Angiello matrimoni

Post by JimA »

Fantastic! I'll take a better look later when I'm on an official break from studying.
Researching the surnames Angiello (Santa Maria Capua Vetere), Dell'Aquila (Caserta?), Sangiorgio and Della Corte (Campania?).
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

oilman19 wrote:EUREKA! :D

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/6268 ... arr184.jpg
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6268 ... arr184.jpg

I found Andrea's matrimoni!!!

On 18 May 1842 in S.M. Andrea Angiello 28 of Donato and Camilla Cecere married Rachele di Bernardo 27 of Antonio and Fortunata di Santo.
(TRANSLATION SUBJECT TO CORRECTION BY OUR EXPERTS ON THE FORUM)

You can go with your assumptions. :)

More coming.

You did a great job, Jim!

We can offer details if you want them, but the important information is in your post :-)

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I have what I need. If jima needs any additional info, I'm sure he will ask.
Thank you for the vote of confidence.
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/3838 ... arr183.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3838 ... arr183.jpg

I also found Domenico's matrimoni! :)

On 22 Oct 1839, Domenico Angiello 28 born in Santa Maria ???? Maggiore of Donato and Camilla Cecere married Maria Rosalina(sp) Graziano 31 born in SMCV of Pasquale and Rosa di Santo in SMCV.

I have a few places that I am not sure of or I just can't read. I would appreciate it if someone could help me complete this translation.

Thank you
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Jim,

After Santa Maria it states "di eta maggiore"...(with an accent over the "a" in eta) which means he is of age - not a minor...

Rosalina looks fine, could be Rosolina, but that is not as common a name.

I thought the date was 26 October, and the church wedding was on the 29th.

T.
JimA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JimA »

Awesome!! I guess this means Andrea and Domenico were brothers and I don't have to feel guilty about adding people to my family tree.

Santa Maria Capua Vetere used to be known as Santa Maria Maggiore according to Wikipedia.
Researching the surnames Angiello (Santa Maria Capua Vetere), Dell'Aquila (Caserta?), Sangiorgio and Della Corte (Campania?).
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I meant 26. Bad "hunt & peck" typing skills. :wink:

Thank you T.
Jim

oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Jim

This is a NO GUILT day.
You probably want to be very careful using assumptions when filling in your tree. Potential errors can be compounded. While we all may apply different standards to info we may uncover, there should always be a glimmer of proof to justify putting it into your tree.
Are you ready to flaunt your progress with your Italian cousins in Italy yet? You indicated they hadn't made it into the 1800's yet. They should be impressed. :)
Jim

oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I found a morti with a minor bit of controversy. :?

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6607 ... th1878.jpg

It says it is the morti for Maria Angiello 70 of Domenico and Camilla Cecere.
She died on 9 Oct 1878 (never married).

However, I believe her father should be Donato and Domenico was her brother.
I believe she is the sister of Domenico and Andrea. Their parents were Donato and Camilla Cecere. Same time period and not very many persons with that surname on file in S.M.
I have also found that the older the deceased person was, the less accurate the info from the informant (for obvious reasons).
Does anyone concur with this analysis?
Jim