Question on birth record.

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Question on birth record.

Post by lilbees »

There are some paragraphs on this birth record I cannot read. Can someone help me out. Especially the paragraph near the end of page 2.

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... 910pg1.jpg

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... 910pg2.jpg

The baby from what I understand was not living at birth or died soon after.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Question on birth record.

Post by maestra36 »

this baby was born without life or stillborn.

The informant was the midwife who made the declaration concerning the birth, as the infant's father was in Naples for work.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Let us know if you need anything else from this document which you don't understand.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Never mind. I just read the last paragraph which you had addressed.

Thank you so much.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

it says that the informant (who was the midwife) announced the birth in place of the husband of Recisgno because he was in Naples because of work.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

the last sentence says that the official read the document aloud to those who intervened, but only he and the informant (midwife) signed the document, as the witnesses were illiterate
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thank you once again. At the end of the day I think I become blind and lose reason. :wink:

lilbees
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

We all get that way. Sometimes it is just best to abandon a document for a while, as when you go back to it, you tend to see things you couldn't see before. Happy to help.