Cannot read marriage record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dixiecricket13
Veteran
Veteran

Cannot read marriage record

Post by dixiecricket13 »

I cannot read this marriage record because the writing is so slanted. can anyone read this?
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Cannot read marriage record

Post by maestra36 »

Feb 4, 1864

groom: Bennandine (sp? )Salvaggio, legitimate and natural son of deceased Vincent Salvaggio and Vincenza Jean Cicio (?)-married-town of Campofiorito (looks like Campofloridia to me, but there is no such town, so I believe Campofiorito is correct)

bride: Anna Romano, single, legitimate and natural daughter of Vincent Nicola Romano and deceased Vincenza Angelica (Olini???), married, town of Campofiorito

witnesses: Magistro* Salvatore Benandino (sp?) and Magistro* Lawrence Saladino.

Day 29 (can't read the month because it is cut off) 1864

*Magistro is a title-means "Master"-could be a master of his trade or craft, a teacher or expert scholar
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

In looking over the record again, I think the surname of the mother of the bride is Oliva.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Christina
Angelica was the last name of Vincenza. So you were correct on that. Also the word I couldn't make out was olim which means formerly, once, or denotes a deceased person. So the bride's parents were deceased at the time of the marriage.
Peg