Letter to relatives in Italy

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
adifresco
Rookie
Rookie

Letter to relatives in Italy

Post by adifresco »

I'd like to write to several different individuals living in the province of Chieti (in Abruzzo) who I am probably related to. I found them in the Italian White Pages and they share my surname. My Italian is not very good, so I was wondering if someone could help me translate this from English:

"My name is Addison DiFresco. I live in Charleston, South Carolina, USA and I am trying to research my genealogy. My great-grandfather Giovanni Di Fresco was born in or around the comune of Frisa in 1896. His parents were Florindo and Carolina. He immigrated to the United States in 1912. I do not know anything else about his family.

I was wondering if you knew anything about this branch of the family, whether he had brothers or sisters, his grandparents or anything else. Even a general history of the Di Frescos in Chieti would be helpful. Thank you very much in advance for your help. It is greatly appreciated. I have enclosed an International Reply Coupon which you can redeem for postage at your post office.

Sincerely,
Addison DiFresco"

I wanted the letter to be more specific than some of the basic guides I've seen online. If there is anything that needs to be reworded or changed, feel free to do so. Grazie!
adifresco
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Letter to relatives in Italy

Post by adifresco »

Here is a rough translation I got using an online translator. I'm sure there are mistakes. Can someone who is fluent in Italian proofread for me please?

Il mio nome è Addison DiFresco. Vivo a Charleston, South Carolina, Stati Uniti e sto cercando di ricerca la mia genealogia. Il mio bisnonno Giovanni Di Fresco è nato nel o intorno al Comune di Frisa nel 1896. I suoi genitori erano Florindo e Carolina. Emigrò negli Stati Uniti nel 1912. Io non so altro della sua famiglia.

Mi chiedevo se si sapeva nulla di questo ramo della famiglia, se avesse fratelli o sorelle, nonni o qualunque altra cosa. Anche una storia generale del Di Fresco a Chieti sarebbe utile. Grazie mille in anticipo per il vostro aiuto. E 'molto apprezzato. Ho allegato un coupon di risposta internazionale che si può riscattare per le spese postali al vostro ufficio postale.
adifresco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by adifresco »

Anyone? All I need is a quick proofread to be sure everything makes sense. Most of it is probably correct... I just want to make sure the grammar and wording is suitable and clear. Thanks in advance!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Why not send potential relative form letters to each
www.initaly.com/gene/mem/letter1.htm initally. You can always add your paragraph which looks OK and even if it was not entirely correct it will still be understood. =Peter=
~Peter~
nickintexas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nickintexas »

That's just beautiful!
Thank you, Peter 8)
My past is all behind me now.
Looking for Andreola, Fino, Simone, Rossacci & Capece primarily from Casalvecchio di Puglia.
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Post by ForzaItaliaPgh »

The Italian makes sense to me. I'd send what you have.