"per ha verne da vo ialtri"???

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
vintagegamer
Veteran
Veteran

"per ha verne da vo ialtri"???

Postby vintagegamer » 18 Aug 2010, 22:27

This is a portion of text in a letter from one of my ancestors. Is someone able to translate it for me?

I tried looking up verne, haverne, and other combinations with no luck. The full sentence reads:

"dondovi di nostre notizie e per ha verne da vo ialtri speranzosa che sarete tutti in buona salute"
Webmaster
'Run Squirrel Run!' Italian Heritage Site
www.giusvalla.blogspot.com

Lucap
Master
Master

Re: "per ha verne da vo ialtri"???

Postby Lucap » 18 Aug 2010, 22:42

vintagegamer wrote:"dondovi di nostre notizie e per ha verne da vo ialtri speranzosa che sarete tutti in buona salute"

"dandovi nostre notizie e per averne da voi, speranzosa che sarete tutti in buona salute"

It's always better to have the image to give you a right sentence, but I think that the meaning can be clear: the person who was writing gave news of his family, and he asked for news of the addressee's family, hoping that they all were in good healt.

L.

vintagegamer
Veteran
Veteran

Postby vintagegamer » 19 Aug 2010, 11:31

Thank you very much for your help with this, Lucap. I have a copy of the letter scanned, but I think the file sizes are too big to upload here. :(

VG
Webmaster

'Run Squirrel Run!' Italian Heritage Site

www.giusvalla.blogspot.com

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 19 Aug 2010, 13:43

When posting large images you can upload to an image-hosting site and then post the link...
Good sites for this:
www.imageshack.com
www.photobucket.com

T.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”