Birth Record and notations

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Re: Birth Record and notations

Post by lilbees »

Well, this Ciriaco had a lot of names including Guiliano.

It sure takes a lot of records to
1. surname
2. first name
3. actual relationship

My excitment with all of this is that I thought Luigia died in infancy and while going through the marriage indexes searching for another female this morning I came across her name. When I pulled the marriage record I established she was, in fact, the Luigia, daughter of Vincenzo. How great is that. Her birth record did not have a notation of marriage and the communication I received from the comune was that they were searching for her infant death record.

I really smile today. I am grateful for all you assistance today, in fact, every day.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

It appears that this is a male child "maschio"

Elena di Orapoli, 56, midwife appeared 25 September 1863 to present a male child born of married couple Elisabetta Vanario, 30, and Giuseppe Esposito Giuliano Bottiglia, 30, laborer, living with his wife. Child was born on the 24 of the month and named Andrea Bottiglia.

Can't get to the notations right now...maybe someone else will take a look...

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

The notation at the right looks like it says the same thing as the previous birth act cited.

The notation at the top records the marriage (#36) of Andrea Bottillo on 7 march 1896, to Maria Fontanella, daughter of Marco, born in Afragola.
Recorded in Castellammare di Stabia on 20 March 1896.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

They really liked switching the spelling from Bottiglia to Bottillo :-)

T.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Hi T. From what I could read it is a marriage notation. I haven't deciphered it all yet. Just found the marriage record for Ciriaco and Elizabetta. It looks like it was missed in the recordings. Has very little information on it. Married 12 Jul 1857. At least there is the name of each of the fathers of the bridal couple.

Haven't found Ciriaco's birth record yet but armed with all the given names I can go back and search again.

Thank you all once again.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Yes, it is a marriage record which I've translated above... :-)

T.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

At least the the children of Giovanni and Luigia have been consistent.

Surname spelling: BATTILLO

Not laughing but in some ways it is really funny. No one can say digging in your genealogy is easy.

lilbees
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Amen to that! :-D

T.

BTW - The spelling in the records above is definitely Bottillo
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

It will be interesting when I find the marriage records for the kids of Giovanni. Wonder how they will spell their surname? :wink:

lilbees
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

The notation on the right side of Andrea's birth record-
I can't read it in its entirety, but I do see where it says that the name and last name of the father of the newborn on his birth act was amended to read Ciriaco Battillo (this time there is an "a" after the B and not an "o") instead of Giuliano Bottiglia.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Also as T previously pointed out and is clear from the marriage notation across the top of this record, Andrea was a male and not a female and therefore a brother and not a sister for Giovanni
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Got it! Thanks so much.

lilbees