Translate reply from Archive

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Translate reply from Archive

Post by donnawright »

I sent an email to the archive, asking what they want to request a military record. This is their response. I think I got most of it, but there's one part that is not clear to me. I'd like for someone to clarify. Please translate.

Il nostro Istituto può rispondere gratuitamente a richieste molto concise per ruoli matricolari e liste di leva di Grosseto
dal 1865 al 1944, su una sola persona di cui ci sia fornito nome-cognome, luogo e data di nascita precisi.
Al di fuori di questo Lei deve incaricare qulacuno che svolga direttamente nel nostro Archivio la Sua ricerca.

Donna
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Translate reply from Archive

Post by johnnyonthespot »

My take on it: They can do free research of matricolari and registri di leva if you provide the given name, surname, and exact date of birth for a single person.

Beyond that, they suggest you hire a researcher who is used to working on site at the archives.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Carmine omitted that they also need the exact place of birth in addition to what he already stated-the name, surname, and exact date of birth.
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

Thanks Peg and Carmine. It was the SINGLE person thing I wasn't clear about. I didn't want to send a request for multiple people and it get thrown away. Lucky for me, I have all that they ask for. Thanks again; I appreciate your time.
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria