Increasing Listening Comprehension

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Increasing Listening Comprehension

Postby ForzaItaliaPgh » 28 Sep 2010, 16:15

Ciao tutti,

I have been teaching myself Italian for a couple years now and have gotten pretty good at the grammar and vocab to the point where I can pretty much read Italian newspapers and magazines without a problem or dictionary. But my listening comprehension is nowhere near as good. I tried watching La Dolce Vita without the subtitles and if I hadn't already seen the movie a few times I think I would have been really lost. Any suggestions on ways to increase my listening comprehension?

Grazie.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Increasing Listening Comprehension

Postby johnnyonthespot » 28 Sep 2010, 16:25

Buy some Italian pop music, download the lyrics, and listen/sing along. I find listening to music helps "tune" the ears to pick up on Italian pronunciations.

I really, really, like this guy, especially his "L'Anno Zero - The Best of Nek" album. Also, Laura Pausini is very popular - see "The Best of Laura Pausini". Of course, there are many others...
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”