Translation question: can co-worker translate for me?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Translation question: can co-worker translate for me?

Postby JPMessina44 » 17 Oct 2010, 06:28

I will be going thru the NJ- Newark consulate, so as documents start to come in, I am thinking ahead to certify, notary, apostille and transation.

I have a guy who does translation on the side, whom I work with in banking...he offered to translate free of charge (born/raised in Italy until he was 24 yrs old.)

Will this be satisfactory for the consulate or do I need to go to a pay for service translation company or translator?

I dont want to put my co-worker thru all of this if it will not be accepted to begin with.

Please give your thoughts. Appreciate it!
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Translation question: can co-worker translate for me?

Postby johnnyonthespot » 17 Oct 2010, 07:56

The NYC consulate accepts any translations for simple certificates (birth/marriage/death) so long as they are accurate. It has been my understanding that complex material such as divorce decrees required certified translations, however I have no direct experience with such material.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Translation question: can co-worker translate for me?

Postby JPMessina44 » 17 Oct 2010, 15:17

Excellent. I'm hoping he will be accurate being he lived and was born there! Saves a lot of time and money, so that's good. I will only have birth, death, and marriage to translate, knock on wood, no divorces in the family. Thanks Carmine!
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations