Translation of Marriage Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Translation of Marriage Record

Postby DebiHarbuck » 24 Oct 2010, 13:05

Can someone translate this record for me? I <i>think</i> this is my GG-Grandparents marriage.

http://postimage.org/image/1bgrdbtw/
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Re: Translation of Marriage Record

Postby liviomoreno » 24 Oct 2010, 13:21

1871 July 22 Moliterno
Groom: Nicola Latorraca 28 farmer, living in Moliteno, son of the late Giuseppantonio farmer and the late Maria Vittoria Cassino spinner both residing in Moliterno when alive.
Bride: Domeniva Maria Filomena Petrocelli 21 spinner, daughter of the late Pasquale coachman and of Caterina Peluso spinner both residing in Moliterno when alive.
Witnesses: Pietro Padula son of the late Giusppe, aged 84 and Domenico Lavecchia son of the late Benedetto, aged 46 both shopkeepers and both residing in Moliterno
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby DebiHarbuck » 24 Oct 2010, 13:28

Thank you, again, Livio!

So, of the four parents, only Caterina Peluso was alive when the marriage occurred?
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Postby liviomoreno » 24 Oct 2010, 13:32

Yes, Caterina Peluso was alive all the other had passed away
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby DebiHarbuck » 24 Oct 2010, 13:36

Well then, I guess I know which set of records I am searching today! :)
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations