I would greatly appreciate a translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
18 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Re: I would greatly appreciate a translation

Postby carla370 » 27 Oct 2010, 17:42

when my cousin reviewed the cards he explained the difference between Autiero and Autieri is that it is plural, as in the family of.. so he is incorrect? Sorry to be so obtuse. He said they were husband and wife.
carla370
Rookie
Rookie

Postby liviomoreno » 28 Oct 2010, 05:20

carla370 wrote:when my cousin reviewed the cards he explained the difference between Autiero and Autieri is that it is plural, as in the family of.. so he is incorrect? Sorry to be so obtuse. He said they were husband and wife.

In Italian there is no plural for surnames.
Autiero and Autieri are 2 different surnames, unless there is a "typo" and even in this case Vincenza Autieri (maiden name) in Valento (married name) cannot be the wife of Giuseppe Autiero. Maybe she is his sister (they do look alike)
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby carla370 » 28 Oct 2010, 13:05

All; thank you for your responses. I suppose the correct thing to do now would be to consult Civil Records to see if I can get this all straightened out as to their relationship to one another.

Thank you

Carla
carla370
Rookie
Rookie

Previous

18 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations