Marriage translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
chickenwoman
Veteran
Veteran

Marriage translation

Post by chickenwoman »

I know that Giuseppe Sanfiippo is the son of Rocco Sanfilippo and Antonina ?. He is marrying Antonina Serio who is the daughter of Francesco Serio and Rosalia Amato. Could someone tell me what it says after Antonina's name. Is a a surname or something else? I know this is a hard one to read. I've lightened it so it's somewhat easier to read.

Your help would be apprecialted.

http://yfrog.com/cbsanfilipposeriomarcrop1j

Thank you,
Diane
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Marriage translation

Post by maestra36 »

looks like Antonina is of unknown parents (after her name it says "di parenti ignoti"
chickenwoman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by chickenwoman »

I was afraid of that. I guess that ends that line.
As always, thank you for all of your help.
Diane
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Diane
Always sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Unfortunately, most of us have ancestral lines that end that way. I certainly can empathize with you.
Peg
chickenwoman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by chickenwoman »

Thanks Peg, I just didn't expect it to end so soon. When I didn't see a surname I thought it wouldn't be good. It just creates more questions. Was she adopted? What happened to her parents? I've done this long enough to know that sometimes you get more questions then answers.

Thanks again, :D
Diane