Translate death record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
chris0202

Translate death record

Post by chris0202 »

Hi Everyone,
I wonder if anyone would be so kind as to translate this document for me? It might be my great grandmother.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9440/g ... attism.jpg

thanks!

Chris
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Re: Translate death record

Post by Sirena »

Hi Chris,

Giovanni Porro, 42, farmer living in ____ and Stefan Belluschi, 51, farmer declared to me that at 20:00 (8:00 pm) yesterday in the house at Via Fr. Materno #37 Giuseppina Gatti died, at 71 years of age, resident of ___ (same town) and born __(same town) child of the deceased Francesco who while alive resided in __(same) and the late Ortencia Luisa(?). She (Giuseppina) was the widow of Galletti, Luigi.

In the margin -- Giuseppina died Jan. 22 1934

I wasn't sure of the town name due to the writing but I'm sure you know that part.
chris0202

Post by chris0202 »

Sirena wrote:Hi Chris,

Giovanni Porro, 42, farmer living in ____ and Stefan Belluschi, 51, farmer declared to me that at 20:00 (8:00 pm) yesterday in the house at Via Fr. Materno #37 Giuseppina Gatti died, at 71 years of age, resident of ___ (same town) and born __(same town) child of the deceased Francesco who while alive resided in __(same) and the late Ortencia Luisa(?). She (Giuseppina) was the widow of Galletti, Luigi.

In the margin -- Giuseppina died Jan. 22 1934

I wasn't sure of the town name due to the writing but I'm sure you know that part.
Sirena,

Thank you so much! This forum is so great and helpful!

Chris
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Sirena wrote:I wasn't sure of the town name due to the writing but I'm sure you know that part.
It just goes to show how difficult Italian script can be at times.

I looked out of curiosity and compared what I thought it said to my database of comune names without luck. Then I looked at the third/fourth lines of the document and it is there, plain as day, "Ufficiale dello Stato Civile del Comune di Figino Serenza"

:)
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)