Help on Church Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
elecar
Rookie
Rookie

Help on Church Record

Post by elecar »

Could someone look at a record on the Beta Family Search for me?

Italy, Church Records, Campofiorito, Baptism 1873-1911, Image 121 of 432
Record 52 Vincenti Cicio, parents Philippo Cicio and Rosa Radosti

1. Godparents are Franceso Cicio and ?
2. On left side of record it shows to marriage Rosa Tamburello in Bisacquino. The 1st. line looks like it written Cicio Giuseppa fu Filippo, unless I am reading this wrong.
3. And under 52 between Vincenti and Cicio there is something written which appears to be Joseph.

Help deciphering this is appreciated.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Help on Church Record

Post by Tessa78 »

1. Godparents are Francesco Cicio and spouse/wife (uxor) Crocida of Corleone
2. First line does indeed read "Cicio Giuseppe fu Filippo" (marriage date is 25 Feb. 1911)
3. That looks like Joseph, but not sure.

T.
elecar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by elecar »

Tessa,
Thank you for looking at this record.
I had seen other Baptism records with the marriage recorded as this one was. With Josephe fu Filippo written there and the possibility of Joseph written between Vincenti and Cicio I wonder if this could have been his middle name.
I have a Joseph Cicio born 2 years before Vincenti to the same parents. Could this Joseph have died and then the name was given to Vincenti as a middle name?
I will have to check the Morti and also the Bisacquino records.
Again, thank you; I appreciate your help.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Could this Joseph have died and then the name was given to Vincenti as a middle name?
Always a possibility...

You're welcome! Glad to have helped...

T.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I am wondering whether a state civil birth record would show his full name as Vincent Joseph.
Peg
elecar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by elecar »

Maestra 36,
I guess it could be in the civil records. I don't think they are on the Family Search site. I think there are films for the Civil Records which I would have to order but would have check the years they have.
I am going to check the Cressime and Morti. records to see if he is there.

Thank you for responding. Everyone here is extremely helpful.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I just checked and the microfilmed civil records for Campofiorito are only for the years 1820 to 1865. I think, however, that you still might be able to write directly to the town because, with Sicilian towns, I have found that, just because records are not available on microfilm, does not mean that the town itself does not have the records or information in their registers. So I would write directly to the town and see if you can get an answer. You should try emailing first, but in Italian. The first email address is for the anagrafe or registry office, so I would try that email address first.
Peg

anagra.campofiorito@libero.it (no spaces in the email address)

comune.campofiorito@libero.it (no spaces in the email address)
elecar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by elecar »

Peg,
Thank you for looking this up and sending the email address for Campofiorito. It is going to come in handy as that is my town of interest. You had looked at a different record for me and I think I will email them on that one too. (Same name for bride and 2 different names for husband)

Again thank you.