Translation Request - Death Record for Luigi LeVigne

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Translation Request - Death Record for Luigi LeVigne

Post by TriciaFierro »

I was able to locate Luigi's death record from 1877. His daughter Maria Rosa was my great-great grandfather Prospero Maimone's mother. We had a thread going in another forum when I discovered Maria's maiden name because it looked more French than Italian, however apparently it is a surname from Italy after all. We have Lavigna's here in the states but never heard of Le Vigne's before now.

Will someone please translate this record for me? If you have any trouble viewing this link let me know and I will post another way. thank you!
http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=Vi ... pid=737876
- Tricia
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Re: Translation Request - Death Record for Luigi LeVigne

Post by DebiHarbuck »

Tricia, if you save the image to your computer, you can then upload it at http://postimage.org/ and use that link to post here. That way, folks without access to Ancestry can still see the record and help you with translations. :)
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

Thanks, Debi! :D

Let's try it this way via postimage.org:

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Luigi Le Vigne died on Feb 7, 1878, in Roccanova, in Via Greci #4.
He was a farmer, aged 70 and was born in San Chirico Raparo to the late Fortunato, the mother is unknown. Fortunato, when alive, resided in San Chirico Raparo (23 km from Roccanova). Luigi's wife was Carmela De Pierro.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

DebiHarbuck wrote:Tricia, if you save the image to your computer, you can then upload it at http://postimage.org/ and use that link to post here. That way, folks without access to Ancestry can still see the record and help you with translations. :)
Thanks Debi for adding the above. I don't have a subscription to ancestry.com anymore and can't see any images which are linked that way. Those links just come back with a search engine page and then you get the advertisement for the different kinds of membership.

Peg
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

liviomoreno wrote:Luigi Le Vigne died on Feb 7, 1878, in Roccanova, in Via Greci #4.
He was a farmer, aged 70 and was born in San Chirico Raparo to the late Fortunato, the mother is unknown. Fortunato, when alive, resided in San Chirico Raparo (23 km from Roccanova). Luigi's wife was Carmela De Pierro.
Thank you, Peg! Regarding the part where he died in Roccanova, in Via Greci #4...is Via Greci a town or a street possibly? And is #4 the house number of the house he died in?

- Tricia
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Post by DebiHarbuck »

"Via Greci #4" is the address. Via = road/street/avenue and so it's the equivalent of "123 Central Avenue" :)
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Via Greci is the street. #4 is the number of the house he died in.
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

And I apologize Livio! I didn't realize you did the translating for me, not Peg. Thank you, thank you! :)
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

No problem!
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

If Carmela DePierro, Luigi's wife, was deceased at the time of his death would his death record state that? I have located quite a few DePierro death records but none for Carmela so far. Thank you!

- Tricia
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Hi Tricia
His death record should read he was the vedovo or widower of Carmela DePierro, unless there was a big gap between the time of their deaths, and he had remarried in the interim. If he had, his death record may only mention the name of his last wife.
Peg
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

Thank you, Peg!!

Have a great weekend! :)
- Tricia
Tricia Fierro