Translation of Bisacquino & Corleone Baptism Records.

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Translation of Bisacquino & Corleone Baptism Records.

Postby jpetrelli » 28 Nov 2010, 02:48

I was hoping the forum could assist me with the translation of some Baptism Records retrieved from San Giovanni Battista, Bisacquino and San Marino, Corleone, Palermo, Sicilia, Italy.

I would sincerely appreciate the literal translation for these records as well as any useful interpretations which might expand my research.

Thank you for your assistance with this number of documents. These are the final research leads I currently know of.

Thank you.

Joe

-I was surprised to find two different baptism records for a Francesco (presumed interpretation of the name), one in 1822 (Full Page version) and one in 1833 (Full Page version). Based on a "Stato Delle Anime", I was expecting one of these to be "Felice".
-Carmela Maria Napoli
-Marietta Crisenza
-Marianna Cusimano
-Lucia Cusimano

I am curious if anyone has any thoughts about the "Cusimano" surname. All the US documents I have identified clearly and consistently reference the line as "Gusmano", but Marianna and her siblings appear to be listed as "Cusimano". This is quite a surprise to me. Are there any thoughts on the variations of this surname?
Researching Surnames:
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
jpetrelli
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Translation of Bisacquino & Corleone Baptism Records

Postby liviomoreno » 28 Nov 2010, 07:41

The 2 Francesco have different mothers while the name of the farther is the same, although not necessarily the same person

Some one will correct my mistakes...

1822 (Full Page version)
Francesco Napoli, born 19 Oct 1822 at 11:00pm, baptized the 20th, son of Blasio Napoli and Francesca Piazza (married couple).

1833 (Full Page version)
Francesco Napoli, born 6 Jan 1833 at 8:00pm, baptized same day, son of Blasio Napoli and Maria Torretta (married couple).

-Carmela Maria Napoli born 16 Jul 1839 at 9:00 pm, baptized the 17th, daughter of Blasio Napoli and Maria Torretta (married couple).

-Marietta Crisenza born and baptized November 1 1861. Father Salvatore Cosenza, mother Antonina Napoli (married Couple)

-[url=http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/RJJf4IxgtgT77lKmAmERijY_D5qHXDphZCiOYbPkvI0?feat=directlink[/marq]Marianna Cusimano[/url] born and baptized 7 jan 1850, father Liborio, mother Mariantonia Trapani (married couple).

-Lucia Cusimano born 31 Dec 1851, baptized 1 Jan 1852 father Liborio, mother Maria Antonia Trapani (married couple).

Cusimano and Gusmano are both valid surnames
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby jpetrelli » 07 Dec 2010, 04:05

liviomoreno wrote:The 2 Francesco have different mothers while the name of the farther is the same, although not necessarily the same person

It turns out the same Biaggio Napoli was the father of both Francescos. I discovered that Biaggio's first wife died and so did the elder Francesco.

I understand Italian tradition is to name the eldest son after the fraternal grandfather and if the child dies young, it was not uncommon to name the next born male after the fraternal grandfather again. I believe this is the case for this family. The second son just happens to also have been born of his second wife.

I would greatly appreciate assistance translating the Death Record I found for Francesco.
Researching Surnames:
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
jpetrelli
Rookie
Rookie

Postby liviomoreno » 07 Dec 2010, 08:54

Francesco Napoli, son of Blasio and Francesca Napoli died on Aug 2 1819 when he was 1 year and 2 months old.

This one seems to be a 3rd Francesco (the other two where born in 19 Oct 1822 and 6 Jan 1823 [I have edited my previous post to correct the date])
liviomoreno
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations