Annotation on documents

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Annotation on documents

Post by lilbees »

I have a couple of records that have notations that I am stuck reading. Late in the day and can't figure them out. Hope someone can help.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/9813 ... rth186.jpg
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7153 ... th1868.jpg
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/4985 ... th1861.jpg

It would be greatly appreciated.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Annotation on documents

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi lilbees :-)

I'll get you started with the first one...

Annotation states that on 2 May, Giovanni Fiumara, widower (?) of Amalia Matisse, entered into a marriage contract with Maria Concetta Carrese, daughter of Luigi. She was single.
This was recorded on 5 May 1903 in Castellamare.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Second one is a little "squished" but here's what I think it says:

On 22 February of the current year Celeste Fiumara entered into a marriage contract with Gaetano Vito (? hard to read this name, could be Ceto, Leto), son of Angelo.
Recorded in Castellamare on 7 March 1890

T.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thanks Tessa. For me, enlarging wasn't much help. You are great!

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

The third record notation:

June 29th (1882?) marriage between Carmela Fiumara and Vincenzo Lombardella (then his date of birth is given which is Nov 6, 1857)-what follows that looks like the number of the act (789???)
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thanks for the information maestra36. Will see if I can find the marriage record.

Interesting spelling of Vincenzo's name. Had not come across that one before.

lilbees
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I wasn't sure about the first letter of Vincenzo's surname, but I don't know what else it could be. The rest of the letters seem correct to me. I hope you can find the marriage record and confirm the spelling.
Peg
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

For the second notation, I was also wondering if the surname of "Gaetano Vito" could have been "Di Angelo."
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

maestra36 wrote:The third record notation:

June 29th (1882?) marriage between Carmela Fiumara and Vincenzo Lombardella (then his date of birth is given which is Nov 6, 1857)-what follows that looks like the number of the act (789???)
I believe it is Vincenzo Gambardella
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I should have mentioned in my above post that it might be a G. I agree with you, Livio. The first letter does look like a G and not an L.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

In the world of confusion..............I think this notation was written on the wrong person.

Any trace of Vincenzo (good reading Livio) Gambardella is a person who had children with a Carmina Fiumara b. 1863, di Aniello.

Haven't located their marriage record yet. I did find several children for them and one deceased.

The Carmela I have the birth record for is di Filippo.

I did find a marriage for her to a Vincenzo de Rosa in 1906. She was celib at the time as was he. Additionally, she was born in 1878. Bit of a difference.

I will continue searching the indexes since I am not into a page by page search today.

Thank you so much for your help. Always appreciated.

lilbees
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Boy am I dumb and wrong. :oops:

It is the right Carmela and the right place for the notation.

My apologies to one and all. There exist two Carmela.

Will have to now search page by page to find the correct marriage record for Carmela and Vincenzo Gambardella. :?

Thank you again. :oops: :oops:

lilbees
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

The date I gave you for the marriage of Vincenzo and Carmela is correct. The year is 1882 and the record is image 104 of 324. You can easily type in the image number and see it (record #103).
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thanks Maestra, I was discounting that one because I had incorrectly used the wrong birthdate on Carmela.

Like I said...............dumb of me.

Thanks for double checking. I did have the brains to save it before and now I can use it.

lilbees